aberdeen-music

Sunn0)))

Teabags

surprise nobody has spoken about them yet.

read the review of the new album and the interview with them in the new Terrorizer so I got copies of the two White albums.

and fuck, what can I say!!!

This is REAL doom.

the sheer intensity of the extrmely low bass frequencies actually makes your body feel physically wrong. It avtually made my nose run, my sinuses hurt and I think I may have drooled at one point.

Its fucking amazing.

Only ever to be played loud. As said by the two members of SUNN0))) "maximum volume = maximum results". your neighbours may hate you though.

Terrorizer should be on sale in One Up just at the counter if you have a look - that's where I used to get it from mostly but sometimes from WH Smith.

Sunno))) are pretty damn good - like a lot of the genre though it does take a few listens to really get into so mayhaps I shall be digging it out tonight. :bat:

Seeing as my upstairs neighbours have been doing DIY all this week I reckon some revenge is overdue.

So do Sunn-O)) sound like The Melvins on a slow day ? Or Bolt Thrower when they become OAPs ?

they basically play really really really slow extremely downtuned bassy music. it's pretty much drones. and they dress up in druids robes now too. makes you feel rather uncomfortable.

they basically play really really really slow extremely downtuned bassy music. it's pretty much drones. and they dress up in druids robes now too. makes you feel rather uncomfortable.

Makes it sound more like Krautrock than grindcore and thats good.... Maybe something to play when you want to get rid of some party guests ?

hmmmm, sunn 0))) are quite amazing, corrupted are great too with japanese guys singing in spanish and with 2cd 2 track albums (1 half ambient, 1 half doom) plus wierd folky dirges as on their last release, they are certainly one of the most extreme bands out there today. Rumour has it that a double cd single track album has been recorded, but remains in the vaults....Also check out the likes of beyond black void, esoteric and my personal favourite, either of the khanate albums, part of which the sunn 0))) guitarist is also. See www.idealogic.org for more info ( i reckon teeth of lions rule the divine-rampton is pretty good, but earth are the originals, don't forget, good old/ bad old dylan carlson)

Guest Donald

Saw Khanate in Edinburgh earlier this year. The gig was a lot busier than I expected as well so hopefully Sunn 0)) may tour further than London at some point soon.