aberdeen-music

Weather Barn

stevealex35

This name change puzzles me also. I get the idea behind it but it seems weird to lose the Cast of the Capital name after building it up and getting product out there under that name just because of some personnel changes. This seems to be a thing that happens around here, band members change and so the old songs get binned and so on. Seems counter-productive to me. Oh well, Im sure you know better than me.

Yeah I can think of a few bands from around here that have done the same thing over the years, they almost always change it to a duff name as well.

Weather Barn isn't the worst by a long shot but it is a worse name than Cast of the Capital.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we say Weather Barn is a new band, we are referring to the fact that we have had a change of line up. Our musical direction is the same as Matt is still writing the songs. However, our live dynamic has changed quite alot and the older/current songs are (in my opinion!) feeling more energetic and exciting :) We aren't in a rush to replace the songs we played as COTC as we still love 'em!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks for doing such an awesome job with the sound on Saturday Sam. Was a great night!

The folks over at Room Thirteen have written a nice wee review of our Debut single 'Park Hands' over here:

Weather Barn - Park Hands - RoomThirteen - Online Rock Metal Alternative Music Magazine - Reviews Interviews News Tours

We are totes the new T-Rex.