aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
stevealex35

Weather Barn

Hey folks,

We are a band from Aberdeen called Weather Barn. There are four of us, and we play indie music!

To keep up to date with our goings on, head over to these websites. I know we all love a good link or two :)

Weather Barn Facebook (please 'like' us and suggest to friends :))

Weather Barn Myspace

Weather Barn BandCamp

Courtesy of Kittiwake Records, our debut single 'Park Hands' will available from 18th September 2010 on iTunes and CD. To celebrate this we are playing a full-band in-store gig @ One Up Records on the Saturday day of launch at 3.30pm. We would love to see some of you there.

Thanks,

Matt, Steve, Dallas & Daryl.

I've listened to the tracks on bandcamp a few times. Enjoying what ive heard. First one's a grower in that on first listen I thought it was a decent but fairly standard track then I listened again a bit louder and more intently and now really like it. Nice.

Yes, it is.

I thought as much.

Well, I'm not meaning to be rude guys, but what is going on with that name change? In my humble opinion, pretty awful new name, and you had built up a reputation with the old one. Puzzling.

Of course, the important stuff (the music) is just as good and poppy as ever. Diggin' the tracks.

I thought as much.

Well, I'm not meaning to be rude guys, but what is going on with that name change? In my humble opinion, pretty awful new name, and you had built up a reputation with the old one. Puzzling.

Of course, the important stuff (the music) is just as good and poppy as ever. Diggin' the tracks.

QFT. Ace band, awful name.

QFT. Ace band, awful name.

It has to be said....and then reiterated....until you change your name either back to what it was or to something good.

I thought as much.

Cast of the Capital were infamous for not being that good looking or stylish. Now that I'm in the band, with my head/face touching ways, we had to rebrand the band as I've made us a lot more good looking and stylish. Now people are like: "Wow, those Weather Barn guys sure are good looking, and extremely stylish, didn't you know?" instead of: "Hmm, Cast of the Capital aren't very attractive or stylish."

Weather Barn was chosen to give the other bands a chance.

Cast of the Capital were infamous for not being that good looking or stylish. Now that I'm in the band, with my head/face touching ways, we had to rebrand the band as I've made us a lot more good looking and stylish. Now people are like: "Wow, those Weather Barn guys sure are good looking, and extremely stylish, didn't you know?" instead of: "Hmm, Cast of the Capital aren't very attractive or stylish."

Weather Barn was chosen to give the other bands a chance.

I prefer the name milesdyson to Moose.

But anyway, top band regardless of what the name is.

I like the tunes, good and poppy, but I'd have to admit to a wee bit of surprise at the name change. I can understand why the name would change after a lineup shift, but Weather Barn will take a bit of getting used to!

Parity's Fall.

God they've come a long way since then. A trio of the shittest band names money couldn't buy though. Usually it's third time lucky but fuck me Weather Barn is a doozy.

Songs are good though. Nicely recorded and decent hooks.

I'll be totally honest and say I didn't like the name when I heard it at first, but seeing it on the single promo artwork totally swung me.

Still not sure if it should be one word or two though...?

Guest idol_wild
I'll be totally honest and say I didn't like the name when I heard it at first, but seeing it on the single promo artwork totally swung me.

Still not sure if it should be one word or two though...?

Why would it be one word? It's two separate words.

This name change puzzles me also. I get the idea behind it but it seems weird to lose the Cast of the Capital name after building it up and getting product out there under that name just because of some personnel changes. This seems to be a thing that happens around here, band members change and so the old songs get binned and so on. Seems counter-productive to me. Oh well, Im sure you know better than me.