aberdeen-music

New Pensioner Single

toiletbag

Hullo folks,

We've just released our new single. You can hear the tracks over at our Bandcamp page and, if you like, you can purchase them (so you can listen to them in the shower et al.) for 2. You can download our debut EP for free from there too if the notion takes you.

We'll also have physical copies of the single ready for our Aberdeen and Dundee shows in September with Shutter and the Twilight Sad & Errors.

We're hoping to record the album later in the year.

Thanks!

Some good lyrics, some I found a bit dubious, but the music is awesome. Never listened to you guys before, will deffo check out your Abdn show. :up:

p.s great song title.

Thanks man! Appreciate the criticism.

It'd be nice to see folks at the Aberdeen show if they can make it along.

The song titles are just daft!

Big Trouble in Little Richard is excellent. Where did you record it? Sounds really full and awesome, and that's just through my shitty laptop speakers. Straight to the point, not too much fucking about, which I like. The "Turn your collar..." bits sound really Woomble-esque in their delivery and the way the voice sounds a bit apathetic, if you ken what I mean?

Like, Epic! I like also, but not as much. I think I've heard that one before. It flows really well but is far removed from a classice verse chorus song structure which is often a sign of a promising song writer. Incidentally, who is the main song writer?

I missed you guys when you played with Mondegreen and that lot but would like to see you. Gigs with Carson Wells will definitely be on the cards I hope.

Big Trouble in Little Richard is excellent. Where did you record it? Sounds really full and awesome, and that's just through my shitty laptop speakers. Straight to the point, not too much fucking about, which I like. The "Turn your collar..." bits sound really Woomble-esque in their delivery and the way the voice sounds a bit apathetic, if you ken what I mean?

Like, Epic! I like also, but not as much. I think I've heard that one before. It flows really well but is far removed from a classice verse chorus song structure which is often a sign of a promising song writer. Incidentally, who is the main song writer?

I missed you guys when you played with Mondegreen and that lot but would like to see you. Gigs with Carson Wells will definitely be on the cards I hope.

Hey man, Robin recorded it at his new studio and I mixed and 'mastered' at home; it was an interesting experiment for both of us, but it seems to have turned out pretty well sonically.

The tunes are normally written by Cal and I on the guitars and we take them to Mark and Mike and they write the drum and bass parts. We all chip in on the vocals and that sort of thing. Occasionally songs just come about by jamming in the practice room though, so it's a bit of a mish-mash in terms of songwriting.

Definitely need to get more gigs booked with you lads! We'll get you's down here again soon.