aberdeen-music

Is Joey Jordison the best drummer of the past 25 years?

What the fucking hell is going on? Ridiculous as this thread was in the first place, we are now judging ability to play drums by fucking grades in some wanky test? What happened to just playing fucking music that sounds good regardless of the level of ability? Fuck off. Just fuck off. Lemmy would be hunting you down and killing you with his hitler youth bayonet if he read this shit and despaired at what metal has become.

• Upvote 1

Seriously dudes....this thread is the worst.

Drumming is not a track and field event, and is not measurable by how fast or loud you do it, or by copying some sheet music for a grade exam. The whole concept of "best" is rubbish of the highest order. Like any other instrument, musicality is the only thing that counts, and that is inherently subjective.

Is Meg White a drummer? Yes, she plays the drums, so she's a drummer. If she played any other way, the White Stripes would sound different. Would it make their music sound better? Doubtful. Ringo Starr wasn't exactly the most technical player ever, but few would deny how important he was to the Beatles sound....Meg White is no different.

Frankly, anyone who can make a living out of playing music must be good enough to make people buy it....you wouldn't pay the money if you thought it was shit.....and since I don't see many of you earning a crust on stage, maybe y'all should put the snobby bullshit aside.

• Upvote 3

Seriously dudes....this thread is the worst.

Drumming is not a track and field event, and is not measurable by how fast or loud you do it, or by copying some sheet music for a grade exam. The whole concept of "best" is rubbish of the highest order. Like any other instrument, musicality is the only thing that counts, and that is inherently subjective.

Is Meg White a drummer? Yes, she plays the drums, so she's a drummer. If she played any other way, the White Stripes would sound different. Would it make their music sound better? Doubtful. Ringo Starr wasn't exactly the most technical player ever, but few would deny how important he was to the Beatles sound....Meg White is no different.

Frankly, anyone who can make a living out of playing music must be good enough to make people buy it....you wouldn't pay the money if you thought it was shit.....and since I don't see many of you earning a crust on stage, maybe y'all should put the snobby bullshit aside.

This is a superb post. :up:

Lol, Metallica Were doing that in the late 80's xD even then im sure there was a drummer to do that before Ulrich.

But yeah, deffo not the best drummer, He's up there, so is Grohl and Keith Moon....In All Fairness im not sure if it was these forums but i seen a thread for "best guitarist" and I think its the same concept....depends on technique/style of music

Missing the point again? Who'd have thought it?

But when questioned on your relentlessly bonkers opinions, you resort to dickish retort instead of backing your point up. It's dull, and downright pointless.

Anyone who plays a drum kit in a band is a drummer, regardless of their ability. That's just simply not up for debate. If you can manage to forge a debate from it, then you're an idiot.

So kids, what have we learned so far?

1. Meg White is not for everyone.

2. Some metal fans are complete fudbuckets who cannot understand the most simplistic of definitions.

3. Most polls are completely meaningless. Unless it's an opinion poll on how much of a fudbucket some metal fans are.

4. You can take tests to determine what grade of drums you qualify for. Which is not quite as rock and roll as driving a car into a pool or whatever crazy antics used to go on.

But when questioned on your relentlessly bonkers opinions, you resort to dickish retort instead of backing your point up. It's dull, and downright pointless.

Anyone who plays a drum kit in a band is a drummer, regardless of their ability. That's just simply not up for debate. If you can manage to forge a debate from it, then you're an idiot.

And where is your backup? Did i miss all the track lists and times of some examples and the YouTube links to displays of her excellence?

I know I don't go about things the best way sometimes but you're not much better. I say "no she's nae" and you say "aye she is".

Lots if people have said "she's a good, simple drummer". It just seems like a celebration of mediocrity to me.

I agree with you, she plays drums in a band, therefore, a drummer. That doesn't make her a good drummer.

What would you prefer she did in White Stripes songs? Surely, in fact it definitely should be about what's good for the song rather than personal show-offery, no?

Agreed.

7 nation army comes to mind though, I just can't help feeling she didn't do anything with it. Seems wasteful. Even if it was just to follow the lead guitar line at parts or something instead of just.....

"dun tsh dun tsh dundundundun"

Agreed.

7 nation army comes to mind though, I just can't help feeling she didn't do anything with it. Seems wasteful. Even if it was just to follow the lead guitar line at parts or something instead of just.....

"dun tsh dun tsh dundundundun"

Hahhahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!

'oi White stripes, you know that hugely successful song you did that's become an anthem on the terraces, used endlessly in tv and film and generally entered the public consciousness probably forever... Yeah, that one... Go add a few paradiddles coz the drums are shite!'