aberdeen-music

Is Joey Jordison the best drummer of the past 25 years?

Joey has proven himself equally adept outside of the confines of Slipknot, having worked with Korn, Rob Zombie, Murderdolls and more, as well as stepping in to save the day at the last minute when depping for Lars Ulrich at Download 2004

Amazing ability to transcend genres.if you ask me Dave Grohl would be much preferable remaining behind the drum kit these days, just needs to go back to quality material circa 'Songs For the Deaf' rather than Them Crooked Vultures.....

He's under the umbrella of "hitting lots of things at once really fast", therefore must be great. Like shred guitarists, who hammer loads of frets within fractions of a second, so must be great guitarists. Personally, I prefer simple drums, with flair used in moderation. The rhythm section is the engine room. No time for fannying about.

I'd say it's between me and Meg White, we should get together and fight it out. I say fight...

did anyone hear of that supposed meg white sex tape that was doing the rounds on t'internet a while back?

it was pretty obvious it wasn't ms white, the lady in the video had a sense of rhythm

• Upvote 1

Personally I find the base simplicity of Meg White's drumming to be far more appealing than a lot of the twiddly-dee drummers who just distract from the music. Meg's drums fit perfectly with the riffs. That's all that matters.

At the risk of sounding a bit Tap, Meg White's not a drummer, she's just someone that happened to be around at the right time to hit drums. Its a bit like Bob Hardy out of Franz Ferdinand - doesn't really play bass so much as operate it in much the same way someone operates a forklift.

Meg and thingy out of Slipknot are at opposite ends of the spectrum though and I'm a fan of neither. As usual there's always a happy medium - hence Bill Bruford being my favourite drummer for the simple reason that he has both the chops AND the taste to know when to play and when not to play.