aberdeen-music

Ampeg SVT CL for sale (a sad day)

stuartmaxwell

Ampeg: Classic Series - SVT-CL

22622730.jpg

(more photos on gumtree ad)

Mint condition Ampeg SVT CL head for sale :down:

Bought this head about 3 years ago although it has barely been used in the past 18 months due to me playing more guitar and playing less music in general.

Pretty much one of the best off-the-shelve heads that money can buy, the SVT Classic is used worldwide by all sorts of musicians.

The amp is very simple, one small panel of dials making it is very easy to dial into great tone regardless of whether you are recording, playing in a small room or playing in a big venue (one of the reasons why I switched from a Mesa 400+).

Whilst this amp can provide a crystal clear, precise clean tone with appropriate low and high end eqalisation; it's real value is in the classic Ampeg growl! The sound is perfectly balanced regardless of fretting and the mid selections offer great flexibility depending on the type of room / instrument you are playing. I used a Fender Jazz for the majority of the time with this amp and the two are a match made in heaven. Terrific sustain, great mid and the ability to change the tone instantly if required mid song.

The Valves inside are Sovteks and they should have a good few years of life in them yet (depending on how much you play). This amp also has the self biasing setting which means that you can replace the valves yourself without any problems. As for build quality, the thing is indestructable, it's pretty heavy but the handles on either side allow great leverage to carry for distance. Some folk buy flight cases for these heads but I never needed to as it was always packed well in the van and I never went flying with them (thank christ at that weight!)

I am pretty gutted to be selling the amp, given that I thought I'd have this for the rest of my days. I am buying a new house and need some extra capital meaning I have had to part with some prized posessions (I'm trying dearly to hold onto my usa jazz bass!)

925 is a very good price and I am not really open to negotiation on it. You don't see a lot of these going second hand because people don't really part with them.

Happy to answer any discussions or discuss. If you know anyone looking for an amp or have been moaning at your bass player to get a decent amp, then get em in touch with me: it seriously doesn't get much better than the CL.

AMPEG SVT CL 300w Bass Amplifier Head Guitars, Guitar Amplifiers for Sale Dundee/Aberdeen Dundee

if it doesnt sell in the next few weeks I'll be ebaying it, probably above this price.

i think it's the vietnam built as opposed to korea or usa: not that it has much difference as the board/components are slm and the tubes are sovteks. dennis marshall reckons that the build quality and component quality is excellent; thats good enough for me :D

i'll hold off on bass chat jei; I know I can get a quick sale there but if I can pass a quality amp onto someone locally it reduces my stress levels and does someone a favour at this price (as Woody has mentioned).

Woody, if yer serious about it drop me a line.

• 2 weeks later...