aberdeen-music

Free desktop Wallpapers and my first solo exhibition!

framheim

As part of North East Open Studios I am holding my first solo exhibition at Peterculter Heritage Hall from September 11th to 19th. The Exhibition will feature a selection of my favourite Wildlife and Landscape photos with the opportunity to buy books, postcards and prints. It's open from 10am till 7pm Saturdays and Sundays and then we're having a celebration evening on Friday 17th with music from Kitchen Cynics. That kicks off at around 7pm.

3865641662_3fa8cbdbec.jpg

White Tailed Sea Eagle by David Officer, on Flickr

To celebrate all this I decided to offer some desktop wallpapers for free download on my site: Free Wallpapers for you and all your friends! David Officer Photography

It'd be great if you can make it along to the exhibition and let me know what you all think, then go check out the other NEOS events!

What's the deal with ordering prints and stuff?

I'm aware I could probably find this out on your website, but I'm busylazy.

i'm trying to find a gallery that integrates smoothly with a paypal cart but until that happens just send me an email or pm with what you want. :)

I should have books and postcards to sell soon too and hopefully calenders later on.

What is the deal on Friday? Is it a full on gig? Will there be drinks available? If not can we bring our own beers?

Reckon I'll pop along tomorrow for a wee looky. :up:

it's not a full on gig, just asked alan to play some songs later in the evening. there will be drinks but not tons, it depends how busy it is how long the drinks will last. should be interesting!

be sure to identify yourself when you turn up tomorrow, always good to put faces to names.

today was ace, nice to meet sandra and everyone else who came down. had some brilliant chats with folk and actually sold some work! woo!

i should also say if you come between 2 and 4 then there is afternoon tea available with cakes courtesy of peterculter heritage trust. :)

Congratulations to Aberdeen Music member Dave Officer on an excellent exhibition of his work - some marvellous pictures.

Thanks also to Alan Cynic for his music at the event. Although I have some of his Cd this was the first time I had seen Alan perform. Very few musicians would have the confidence to start with an unaccompanied 4 minute acapella-style song about saving Union Terrace Gardens.

Alan went to amaze me by getting a huge sound by combining sounds created by a single guitar and an amplified zither. These instruments were either picked, plucked and attacked by a variety of vibrating products - to great effect. It was all quite astonishing and I must go to his next show.

Well done Alan and Dave.

thanks guys! we're open right now till 7pm and again tomorrow from 10 in the morning until 7pm. Jane is showing her glass fused jewellery as well and if you come between 2 and 4 there's tea and cake!

many many thanks to alan for performing last night, i wish there'd been a few more folk to see it but those who were there really enjoyed it. I meant to buy a cd off you alan, i shall remedy that next time I see you. :)