aberdeen-music

This is the only...

Oedo 808

Some suggestions from Google:

Assuming Chrome; Go to :

Options->Under the Hood->Change proxy settings->LAN Settings -> Automatic Configuration -> Automatically detect settings = ON

Close GC

Restart

It should load the page(s) as expected.

Resolved on WXP-SP3 not running GC.

Turn OFF Windows Firewall. Last MS Update must have turned it ON.

Regards

ORA

---

Edit I have found the simple way to fix this 'Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found' is to re-enter the addresses of your saved tabs. This should be done via a search engine and not using the original address these should be deleted from the "on start up" menu in options . I think the bits after the .com are causing the problem. Hope this is of help.

---

This may sound super obvious, but I was stuck with this problem for a while. Turned out it was the firewall. Just reset the defaults and got the option to allow chrome to access the internet when it was restarted.

---

My son had the same problem and we found the solution. Got this from DNS Error <<Server Cannot Be Found>>> - Tech Support Forum

I hope this work for you:

Click Start =>Run, type in CMD, press OK.

Copy and paste this into the Command prompt:

netsh winsock reset catalog

Press Enter

Then copy and paste this in:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

Press Enter.

When finished restart your computer.

---

Restarting my router solved the problem.

(The problem was on two computers and all 3 search engines.)

---

This is a DNS issue

Access your routers admin page

change the DNS servers to the following OpenDNS IP Address Primary - 208.67.222.222 Secondary - 208.67.220.220

Enjoy!

---

This is unbelievable. I have a WIFI (WIPET) connection, so after doing several networking tests, I found out that my Internet Service Provider (ISP) was causing the DNS problem. Apparently, they needed to authorize my D-Link Router to be able to navigate pass their DNS/Gateway. I asked them why they were doing this, since no other provider in the area was doing it, no answer was given. My problem is that, I still need to continue with this company because, they are the only one that provide WIFI services in my area. Anyway, I am planning to change to a Linksys (CISCO) in the near future, so I have to contact them for access to my new router. What a bunch of craps.

Sounds like you lost connection to your DNS server.

DNS requests are locally cached, so if you try to visit a website that you tried, but failed, to visit while your DNS was down, it'll still give you an error.

Entries in the local cache are cleared after about 30 minutes, which explains why it all works again.

Try ipconfig /flushdns at the command prompt if it happens again (you must run this as an administrator, in Vista and Windows 7 this means right-clicking the command prompt and choosing Run as..).

Alternatively reboot, which will also clear the local DNS cache.

Try ipconfig /flushdns at the command prompt if it happens again (you must run this as an administrator, in Vista and Windows 7 this means right-clicking the command prompt and choosing Run as..).

Ah, lovely... beautiful... elegant... I never realised I could run as admin by right clicking on that.