aberdeen-music

Priory

-matthEw-

Guest idol_wild

Is anyone else of an age capable of remembering how quiet and reserved Belmont Street used to be every night? I remember when I first starting going into Aberdeen on weekend evenings, and Belmont Street was merely a thoroughfare.

Now it's relatively difficult to walk from one end to the other without encountering binge-drinking pissheads who want nothing more than to scrap eachother. Which is actually fucking ace, given how entertaining that can actually be.

Guest Bob Knob
Is anyone else of an age capable of remembering how quiet and reserved Belmont Street used to be every night? I remember when I first starting going into Aberdeen on weekend evenings, and Belmont Street was merely a thoroughfare.

Now it's relatively difficult to walk from one end to the other without encountering binge-drinking pissheads who want nothing more than to scrap eachother. Which is actually fucking ace, given how entertaining that can actually be.

Yes and back then it was alright. I've not been to the top of Union Street on a Saturday night in ages but I'm guessing all the twats seem to have shifted down to the middle of town these days.

Priory. Shithole.

Meh. Priory is one of the few Aberdeen clubs that I can actually stomach. Generally you can go upstairs to the balcony bit, get a seat and pretty much mind your own business.

I rarely ever go there these days, but its always been decent enough place to have some fun. Had some absolutely hilarious nights out there before tbf. But it is an absolute shithole, you just gotta revel in it :popcorn:

Me and a few mates did get 'jumped' there (at the Holland v Scotland game) for no apparent reason though, so I'd say its reputation as the most troublesome club is deserved.

Guest idol_wild
I always thought it would make a great venue. I imagine it holds more than all the others and less than music hall.

Aberdeen barely manages to fill the others for gigs, though. Aberdeen doesn't need a venue of that size.

It needs good small-to-medium sized venues.

I've only seen proper bovva a couple times in the Priory, one time my stupid mate turned up in a Rangers shirt and attracted the attention of a bunch of Aberdeen Casuals - conversation went a little like "I'm going to give you once last chance to put your jumper back on or I'm going upstairs to get the rest of my boys and we're going to kick fuck out of you" - "Go fuck yourself" - "RIGHT THAT'S IT!". Cue a bunch of rather scary looking neds piling down the stairs. My mate being a drunken idiot wouldn't move, I actually had to go and get the bouncers to throw my mate out and scarper sharpish before he got us all beat up, the fucking idiot.

I know a lot of girls won't go in there due to the sheer number of sleazy dudes who are just in their trying to get laid. Any time they go up to the dance floor they are immediately surrounded by fellas grabbing them and "dancing" with them, ie. rubbing their crotch on them. Come on guys, does that approch ever work?

A lass I know was in recently, she was dancing away with her pals and this guy danced up behind her and just shoved his hand down the front of her trousers and pants in one fell swoop. Right in about to the good stuff. That's sexual assault right there. I believe she chinned him for it, hopefully someone bigger and scarier did as well.

Guest Gladstone

A lass I know was in recently, she was dancing away with her pals and this guy danced up behind her and just shoved his hand down the front of her trousers and pants in one fell swoop. Right in about to the good stuff. That's sexual assault right there. I believe she chinned him for it, hopefully someone bigger and scarier did as well.

Jesus Christ. That's just fucking awful. Cunts like that deserve to get their hands cut off. And, no, I'm not joking.

I can't remember the last time I was in a place like Priory or Espionage. I had some good times in Priory when I was at uni, but generally on the bottom floor on a Wednesday night when there was no fucker there apart from us, and we used the drinks vouchers handed in to Schuh to have a hooring cheap night, and the DJ just played basically what we wanted. I never liked Priory ground floor, and never on a weekend night. And I basically never liked Espionage, just got dragged there a few times. Fuck, I even prefer Liquid or Tiger Tiger to those two shiteholes, not that I've been in either for a very long time.

I can actually remember the time that Phil talks of before Priory existed, when you could just wander down Belmont Street with not that many people going about. It's just turned into a battle ground, and it's been like that for probably 7/8 years. Why it's taken until now to get those fuckers a written warning I'll never know. I've seen amazing battles outside Priory whilst waiting for my girlfriend outside to walk her home. The police were virtually on stand by just waiting for the next fight to erupt.

My mate got smacked in the face outside there once as well. He was minding his own business, someone tapped him on the shoulder, when he turned round, he got leathered in the face, top of his lip split right open - as in a cut from his top lip right up to his nose - needed to be sewn back up. The police basically weren't interested when he told them.

Do they still play Fatman Scoop every time you walk past?

I used to not mind the priory. Haven't been in for years but used to be a good place to meet ok girls. A fair amount of stilletoed slagbags but enough decent 'i was dragged along' types. Never had any trouble there but seen a few rammies outside.

Any time they go up to the dance floor they are immediately surrounded by fellas grabbing them and "dancing" with them, ie. rubbing their crotch on them. Come on guys, does that approch ever work?

Everything works, but if the crotch rubbing doesn't work you may need to fall back upon a more traditional rapport and repartee that the girls in Priory find quite devilishly irresistible.

Nights out are rubbish anyway. Get yourself a Sky subscription. There's plenty to watch. There's Champions League Handball on Eurosport a few times a week. Sussed.

I tried this but it didn't work 'cos I just don;'t like sport and then my weekend nights were so empty. Then I realised how much whisky I could drink for the price of a night out and I stopped caring what the man was saying about where the ball was going and whose fault it was.

Er, yeah but Priory... shithole.