aberdeen-music

Since there's been a load of pubs and clubs made recently

Guest RomanChoke

I got this book for Christmas... well OK I bought it for myself... but it's pictures of how Aberdeen used to look before the council granted Stewart Milne exclusive rights to knock it down' date=' sell the granite blocks to Europe, and build something prefabricated and harled in white, that looks nothing like the buildings around it (ie old Post Office in Crown Street) for half the proceeds, then sell them for 250K each.

So my recommendations would be:

1) Put Stewart Milne up against a wall. Have Garth bugger him, then shoot him in each kneecap, each elbow, the crotch and finally the stomach. Then force him to eat his rug. Finally drop a 100 tonne white harled breeze block onto him from a height of 200 feet.

2) Lock all the councillors in St Pigsty house and demolish it.

3) Then use their life insurance policies to rebuild Aberdeen exactly like it was, because believe it or not even as recently as the 1950s it was still a stunningly beautiful city.

4) At the very restore Virginia Street, Marshial Street, Shore Brae, Trinity Quay, and Regent Quay back to how they were pre 1976.

BASTARDS!!![/quote']

couldn't agree more

that horrible block of student flats next to safeway is the worst

i got woken up every single day when they were building it cos i lived across the road at the time... it was a terrible inconvenience !

and it looks nasty

- and what's the deal with that big metal thing perched on the roof?

unfortunately

i can't help feeling that if those areas did get a bit of a facelift it would result in some shiny black metal posts and boxes of plants getting thrown along the pavements

and a bunch of trendy bars and shops getting built (cos you can never have enough of them)

and maybe... if we were really lucky... some 'Executive Apartments'

hmmmm

what a time to be alive

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allsystemsfail: good luck with the fundraiser! hope that goes well. it's what aberdeen needs.

that and somewhere that does a good banana milkshake. man i love milkshake, but it's so hard to find in this city.

I love Banana Milkshake, MacDonalds used to do really good ones.:love:

And the Gallowgate. Ugliest, most soul destroying street in Aberdeen. Apparently it wasn't much cop before they planted those concrete monoliths on it, but just think what a nice, classically influenced low-level college campus would look like.

There's not much you could really do to change Marischal street, is there? Architecturally at least.

thats my home your talking about, i have a great view over the bay :D