aberdeen-music

Anyone ever stayed on Crown Terrace?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Is it as noisy and infested with drunk tossers as I'd imagine it might be?

I'm thinking about viewing a flat there, has its own car park so at least drunkards kicking my wing mirrors off wouldn't be an issue.

Guest idol_wild
I know folk who have stayed on Crown Terrace and they've had a fair amount of hassle on the street from junkies and the like.

Sounds akin to Leith. Man, I love it here.

Sounds akin to Leith. Man, I love it here.

preach bro! Leith is where it's at!

My sis lived above tonic/paramount. Great part of town depending on your job. If you work early mornings maybe consider somewhere quieter. But then again, if your double glazing is thick enough it's not an issue. In terms of drunken/junkie hassle, Aberdeen is much of a muchness. You can get it or not get it anywhere in my experience. I've lived in tilly and had no hassle but also lived beside todders and had some poopy-panty moments.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

thanks for the opinions everyone, place im looking at is a top floor flat, don't think there will be much drunk noise on crown terrace itself. i am aware crown street has some junkie-ish spots, it's not alone in that sense...

the flat was quite nice, not perfect but my budget is far from perfect as well.

Is it as noisy and infested with drunk tossers as I'd imagine it might be?

I'm thinking about viewing a flat there, has its own car park so at least drunkards kicking my wing mirrors off wouldn't be an issue.

I used to live there for about 5 years. Number 7 right at the top of the big set of stairs and on the first floor.

We saw some great sights, people shagging on the stairs at night (everyone seems to think the buildings are offices), a granny falling into a wheelie bin and lots of drunks coming out of the restaurants.

It's also a great view of when the border control police raid the restaurants and drag out all the illegal workers.

We only moved because the kitchen roof caved in and the landlady took ages to get it fixed. In fact, she took ages to do anything .... except collect the rent.

....oh, I forgot about the junkies. They sit and get high / pissed at the end of windmill brae lane or whatever it's called.

They were only a problem once when one knob jumped out of the alley waving a big stick. He only didn't batter me because "oh soooorry, ah didnae realise ye hud yer bairn wi ye".

Fucking dick.