aberdeen-music

Oxjam Aberdeen Takeover - Saturday 23rd October

On the 23rd of October, we are hosting a leg of the Oxjam Music Festival in Aberdeen. We will have around 25 bands playing across Tunnels 1 and 2, Cafe Drummonds, The Blue Lamp and upstairs at Enigma.

Bands playing include:

Le Reno Amps

Turning 13

Cuddly Shark

Weather Barn (formerly known as Cast of the Capital)

Carson Wells

The Deportees

Jo McCafferty

The Kitchen Cynics

Craig Davidson

The Wildcards

Energy

Kashmir Red

Gerry Jablonski

The Oxbow Lake

Chris Carroll

With many more great bands to be announced over the coming weeks!

Tickets cost 5 and can be exchanged for wristbands at the door of any participating venue and allow access to any of the stages. Tickets are onsale at www.wegottickets.com (and searching for Oxjam Aberdeen Takeover) and soon available at selected outlets.

Keep an eye out here and at our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/oxjam.aberdeen for further announcements and full lineups and all money raised from ticket sales gets donated to Oxfam.

Final acts to be announced are The Lorlei, Katerwaul, Sarah J Stanley, Duke and Talking Sideways. All the acts will be appearing on the following stages:

Tunnels 1:

Le Reno Amps

Turning 13

Cuddly Shark

Eric Euan

Duke

Tunnels 2:

Weather Barn (formerly known as Cast of the Capital)

Carson Wells

The Deportees

Marionettes

Katerwaul

Cafe Drummonds:

The Wildcards

Energy

Kashmir Red

Emerald Sunday

Talking Sideways

Enigma (Acoustic stage):

Jo McCafferty

The Kitchen Cynics

Craig Davidson

The Scandal Extracts

Sarah J Stanley

The Blue Lamp:

The Lorelei

Gerry Jablonski

The Oxbow Lake

Chris Carroll

Tickets are priced 5 and can currently be bought at www.wegottickets.com and soon to be available at other outlets. Tickets will be exchanged for wristbands at any of the venue doors and will allows access to all stages across the whole evening.

For further updates and news, please find us at www.facebook.com/oxjam.aberdeen and www.twitter.com/oxjamaberdeen.

Just over a month to go. Timings being arranged just now but first bands are likely to be on around 7.20pm - 7.30pm and finishing around midnight (although times will vary across the stages).

Tickets can be bought at www.wegottickets.com, soon to be available at selected outlets and on the door of each venue.

Keep an eye out for our podcast (with Aberdeen Events), a Guitar Hero tournament this Friday at the Malt Mill, a pre-festival gig in October and music quiz.

Tickets for this are now onsale at One Up. These can also be bought at www.wegottickets.com.

Other upcoming events include hosting a gig at the Dirty Hearts Club on the 7th and a music themed pub quiz (likely to be on the 9th) and attendance at the Global Carbon Reduction Day on the 10th (where we will be supplying the music) with our main festival on the 23rd of October.

I would like to duck'n'dive round a few venues....not sure if hauling my gear with me will allow that though.

I'll check to see what facilities may be available for storing equipment and will let you know.

We've also got our Oxjam compilation album available to buy for 3 featuring acts playing The Takeover. Tracklisting is:

Weather Barn - Cinnamon Hill

Katerwaul - Valley Under a Concrete Sea

The Kitchen Cynics - Lamb Born on Wolf's Hill

Eric Euan - Charlie Takes the Stage

The Oxbow Lake - Driven to Dance

Turning Thirteen - Diary of a Superfluous Man

The Scandal Extracts - Communication Song

Emerald Sunday - The Messenger

The Deportees - North

The Kitchen Cynics - Love Song to Union Terrace Gardens

CD's will be available on the 23rd at each venue and other events we are holding.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than two weeks to go folks and tickets are starting to sell! It's a great line-up and something for everyone so come along. We also have an aftershow party in The Tunnels (Tunnel 2) after all the bands are finished and anyone with one of our wristbands can get free entry to this. Tickets are onsale for 5 and are available from One Up and at www.wegottickets.com.

We are also running a music themed pub quiz on Friday the 15th. This will be downstairs at the Malt Mill and everyone is welcome to come along and join in! 3 per person with other spot prizes and competitions on the night.

• 2 weeks later...

So folks, who will be attending? There's going to be a lot of great stuff going on. I will be based in Tunnels obviously but I will be heading to Enigma for The Scandal Extracts among others and hope to get over to The Blue Lamp as well. Some great bands playing so get yersel' oot and aboot.

So folks, who will be attending? There's going to be a lot of great stuff going on. I will be based in Tunnels obviously but I will be heading to Enigma for The Scandal Extracts among others and hope to get over to The Blue Lamp as well. Some great bands playing so get yersel' oot and aboot.

I'll be in Edinburgh. Can you pick me up a CD?

Not long now folks! Great lineups on each stage so come along and support all the bands. You can download a free programme here with band details and timings. Times are approximate but we're hopefully be sticking to these as closely as possible but get down early for the opening acts. You can also download the Aberdeen Events Oxjam podcast at www.aberdeenevents.co.uk or searching for Aberdeen Events on itunes.

Tickets for the festival are onsale for 5 at One Up and www.wegottickets.com and allow unlimited access across all venues and free entry to our aftershow party at Tunnels 2 once all of the bands have finished.

Tough choices! Eric Euan or The Scandal Extracts? Le Reno Amps or Kitchen Cynics? Will catch Carson Welles and Katerwaul at least...I quite fancy an excuse to get to the Blue Lamp for a pint too. Think I'll give Drummonds a miss though

I haven't seen Kitchen Cynics yet, so will try and catch him and TSE too.

I fear that we will be on at the same time as Cuddly Shark. I hope that the stage times are staggered between Tunnels so as to avoid overlap.

You'll be on after Cuddy Shark, the stages are going to be staggered as much as possible and with curfews Tunnel 2 will be running later than Tunnel 1. There'll be overlap with bands but hopefully the way things work out there will be bands playing while the other is setting up, never that easy mind you!!

Final call for tonight though, will be great to see filled out venues so please come down early and support all the bands and Oxjam. 5 entry with wristbands allowing unlimited access to all venues and the aftershow in Tunnels 2. Last minute tickets can also be bought at One Up and www.wegottickets.com.