aberdeen-music

unlocked iphone

EnkaiScreamer

Yeah it was already on there when I got it unfortunately and there's no way to revert back.

There is a way, I can dig out the step-by-step if you're interested?

It's to do with Apple not signing older versions of the iOS anymore, but there is a way round it.

Another thing that helps speed it up is turning off the Spotlight Search function (Settings > General > Sportlight Search > uncheck all).

There is a way, I can dig out the step-by-step if you're interested?

It's to do with Apple not signing older versions of the iOS anymore, but there is a way round it.

Another thing that helps speed it up is turning off the Spotlight Search function (Settings > General > Sportlight Search > uncheck all).

I think if I reverted back it would fuck my phone up though, it was locked to O2 when I got it and I had to jailbreak and unlock it myself with IOS4, I think if I went back to IOS3 it would need unlocked again wouldn't it? Not sure but don't want to take the risk. It's only a temp phone anyway, I'm due an upgrade in two months.

Tried the spotlight search thing though, cheers for that.

I bought a locked 3G on here for 120 recently and unlocked it myself. Just so you get an idea of the value. That was cheap actually, but the 3G is the older and more basic model, the 3GS is faster and a lot more expensive.

The 3G is OK but it does tend to get a bit slow and choppy.

yeh because i dont mind getting mine unlocked, it cost about 10-20 at aberdeen market or otherwise to get most phones unlocked and i would imagine that a locked phone would be cheaper on here than an unlocked one, i dont mind getting the 3G since it is cheaper

I sold a 16gb unlocked 3Gs on eBay a few weeks ago for 365, but it was a white one which seem to fetch a bit more. I also got very lucky as some were selling for far less. With a bit of patience you could pick up a locked 3Gs on eBay for about 250-300 then get it unlocked by jailbreaking it no bother.

Alternatively, if you get one that's on o2 they'll unlock it for you through their website. That's what I did with my last one and it raised the resale value by a fair whack!