aberdeen-music

what a tit

From the direct quotes from the man, he's being both racist and xenophobic, since he goes on to use the term "white fuckers" as well.

Ah, I didn't see that part. Though, most of the reporting and comments on this case does seem to focus on the Scottish stereotypes he was using, hence my anger at the misuse of the word. 'Racism' is wrongly used so often!

Ah, I didn't see that part. Though, most of the reporting and comments on this case does seem to focus on the Scottish stereotypes he was using, hence my anger at the misuse of the word. 'Racism' is wrongly used so often!

We gingers consider ourselves a seperate and ultimately inferior race.

We gingers consider ourselves a seperate and ultimately inferior race.

And make up around 16% of the population of Peterhead Prison, as a conversation at work informed me today.

Which is a significantly higher percentage than of the population as a whole.

Which would suggest gingers are more prone than usual to committing sex offences.

Draw your own conclusions...

:D

And make up around 16% of the population of Peterhead Prison, as a conversation at work informed me today.

Which is a significantly higher percentage than of the population as a whole.

Which would suggest gingers are more prone than usual to committing sex offences.

Draw your own conclusions...

:D

Well women aren't going to sleep with us consentually, are they?

And the nationwide figure is 13%, the highest in the world, btw.

Guest Gladstone

The ginger jokes/jibes etc haven't bothered me since I was about 8 but I've always wondered why it's perfectly acceptable to rip into people because of the colour of their hair, but if you do the same to someone because of the colour of their skin it's a criminal offence.

JUSTICE FOR GINGERS*

*me and my ginger mate actually got our photo taken either side of an orange t-shirt in a shop window in Edinburgh with that slogan. Funniest thing ever. FACT.

The ginger jokes/jibes etc haven't bothered me since I was about 8 but I've always wondered why it's perfectly acceptable to rip into people because of the colour of their hair, but if you do the same to someone because of the colour of their skin it's a criminal offence.

This is a joke, right?

This is a joke, right?

Why would it be a joke? Perfectly legitimate point. Gingers are one of the only minorities it is openly acceptable to slag off.

I don't really mind, within reason, but the double standards do annoy me. How is me being shouted at in the street (it happens) for being ginger any different from an asian person being bullied for looking different, etc etc etc?

Why would it be a joke? Perfectly legitimate point. Gingers are one of the only minorities it is openly acceptable to slag off.

I don't really mind, within reason, but the double standards do annoy me. How is me being shouted at in the street (it happens) for being ginger any different from an asian person being bullied for looking different, etc etc etc?

It isn't really legitimate due to the fact that "gingers" have never suffered hundreds of years of oppression, slavery, civil rights movements, apartheid etc... just because their hair is a colour which is rarer than others.

It isn't really legitimate due to the fact that "gingers" have never suffered hundreds of years of oppression, slavery, civil rights movements, apartheid etc... just because their hair is a colour which is rarer than others.

Eh, the arguement I was singling out was that in both cases people are being victimised or abused for their physical appearance or genetics, stuff like that outwith peoples control. Do you think some cunt calling me a "ginger bastard" and having a go in the toilets of some nightclub (again, this has happened recently) is totally pleasant for me, just because gingers haven't been enslaved for 200 years?

Also, your arguement hints that black american people are the only other minority, ethnically or otherwise, that its not acceptable to joke about in the UK...

Eh, the arguement I was singling out was that in both cases people are being victimised or abused for their physical appearance or genetics, stuff like that outwith peoples control. Do you think some cunt calling me a "ginger bastard" and having a go in the toilets of some nightclub (again, this has happened recently) is totally pleasant for me, just because gingers haven't been enslaved for 200 years?

And I wasn't saying gingers had been through anything like slavery or what have you,anyway, I have absolutely no idea why you're bringing that up...

Ah okay, I was taking it from the theme of the thread, apologies. I think the cunt calling you a "ginger bastard" and starting on you in the toilets of a nightclub is just a cunt, and would probably have started on you for another reason if you weren't ginger. e.g. since you are quite tall, or maybe he decided that you looked at him funny.

Ah okay, I was taking it from the theme of the thread, apologies. I think the cunt calling you a "ginger bastard" and starting on you in the toilets of a nightclub is just a cunt, and would probably have started on you for another reason if you weren't ginger. e.g. since you are quite tall, or maybe he decided that you looked at him funny.

Well yeah, you've got to assume that. But there's always been other things, like a teacher at school wouldn't mind commenting on my hair or calling me "a stupid ginger".

This was all in jest and it was a good laugh, but it's just an interesting social thing that he wouldn't joke about someones skin colour, or weight, or what have you, in the same way. This sort of thing crops up all the time (though of course I notice it more).

Oh and gingers have been persecuted throughout history, including being burned, ostracised, for their hair colour, just not in the same scale as slaves and its much rarer. Can't see why anyone would try and burn us at the stake though, we just need to go outside without factor 50.

It happens all the time, not just because someones 'is a cunt'. Some guy that drinks in the Moorings (not so much anymore) hates people with ginger hair. I tried to talk to him once not knowing this and he refused to talk to me and started getting all wound up. My mate later told me why. Thats just an example of the blind hatred.

The jokes and all that dont bother me as much now as they did when I was at school, but I still dont see why it is acceptable.