aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2011

jester1470

Not long now apparently, end of October, looks very good:

Contract Negotiations - making its debut in Football Manager 2011 is a new live contract negotiation system, with a host of new contract clauses. Learn to deal with different types of agents as you try to secure your next big signing.

Re-vamped training system - including more basic training schedules and individual training focus where players can be in trained in 14 different skill areas. Plus, a new match preparation area, where you can get your team to concentrate on special focus areas, and train in specific tactics, in the lead up to a match.

Improved Interaction - new board request and backroom advice options as well as a new player interaction module allowing you to have private conversations with your players, including lots of options never seen before, taking interaction to a whole new level.

News subscription service - expanded to make the way that news and mail is distributed even more user friendly and immersive. Dozens of additional news items and a new module written to add more intelligence in the news items themselves.

Match View - play under the glare of the floodlights for the first time with night matches and over 100 new animations including player models, stadiums, goal celebrations and much, much more. Not forgetting improvements to what was already the best match simulation on the market.

Dynamic League Reputation - a new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modelling of the changing face of world football.

Got mine preordered from Zavvi - cheapest price so far at 24.95

Guest idol_wild

I'm still playing and editing the 2009 version of the game. 2010 just didn't cut the mustard, in my view. The default skin was also rank-rotten, and the skin for 2011 isn't much better, by the looks of it.

"Download another skin!" I hear you say. Well, the one I use for 2009 hasn't been adapted for later versions of the game. The skin is just as important as playability.

That said, I'll possibly still buy 2011, or request it as a christmas gift, and scope it out.

I'm still playing and editing the 2009 version of the game. 2010 just didn't cut the mustard, in my view. The default skin was also rank-rotten, and the skin for 2011 isn't much better, by the looks of it.

"Download another skin!" I hear you say. Well, the one I use for 2009 hasn't been adapted for later versions of the game. The skin is just as important as playability.

That said, I'll possibly still buy 2011, or request it as a christmas gift, and scope it out.

Can you download the new squads and what not for FM2009 through steam? The new transfers, squad numbers, updated stats etc?

There's bound to be a guy somewhere that's done an updated transfer db for FM09 but I doubt you'll get an official update through Steam.

A good place to ask would be either the SI Games forums or the official FM thread on the Football365 forum (the OP of which is full of cool stuff relating to add-ons, wacky databases and face/graphic packs).

There's bound to be a guy somewhere that's done an updated transfer db for FM09 but I doubt you'll get an official update through Steam.

A good place to ask would be either the SI Games forums or the official FM thread on the Football365 forum (the OP of which is full of cool stuff relating to add-ons, wacky databases and face/graphic packs).

Wow. The recession really has given people a lot more free time. Cheers, I'll check it oot.

I'm going to start a game this weekend using the 'free transfers' database. Basically, everyone in a first team in the original game is on a free at the start of the game.

This db for FM09 majorly fucked up when I'd signed an amazing group of players for my Newcastle side to play the opening game of the season against a team who'd made the grand total of one signing; so I hope they've fixed that.

It's quite challenging trying to work a wage budget and not just signing the best players in the world who will demand 100k / week and quickly use up all your money.

Messi won't sign for the Dons. :(

Lukaku might though. 8-)

Guest idol_wild
Can you download the new squads and what not for FM2009 through steam? The new transfers, squad numbers, updated stats etc?

There are updated patches, with the latest being 9.3.1, I do believe. I just do my own research and use my own football knowledge to update and edit. As a former Championship Manager researcher, I had a big problem with the way some of the other researchers scored players - most researchers were fans of the respective club they researched for, which brings up major issues straight away, as fans always have their own heroes and villains.

Probably why Lee Miller and Mark Kerr became two of the biggest beasts in the world in previous versions of the game.

Right enough, the Falkirk researcher was a twat.

I'm just about done with 2010 so having the tradition late summer/early autumn break until the new game comes out. Have to say despite reading mixed reports on 2010 I have thoroughly enjoyed it but enjoying not being addicted for a while!

About to pre order my copy whilst I have the money in my bank account! Only concern is as each game gets flashier my ageing computer struggles to cope!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
This sounds a bit good. Someone said Romelu Lukaku earlier, right? He's an absolute beast on 2010, I can imagine he'll be the same/better this year.

Probably the opposite actually. If a certain player stands out in the game, with that in-game ability somewhat lacking in real-life evidence, then the head researchers tend to reduce CA, PA, and give a general attribute decrease.

It's so rare that a relatively unknown player is brilliant in two versions of the game in a row. :down:

Probably the opposite actually. If a certain player stands out in the game, with that in-game ability somewhat lacking in real-life evidence, then the head researchers tend to reduce CA, PA, and give a general attribute decrease.

It's so rare that a relatively unknown player is brilliant in two versions of the game in a row. :down:

That's true of Nuri Sahin. Awesome in 08, not so much in 09. Still good, but not as brilliant as he was.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played one of these in years, when it was still called championship manager. But lately I've been feeling an urge to return to football management so I think I'll buy this when it comes out. I just hope I don't get addicted as I did before.

Javier Saviola in Championship manager 3 (?) was the greatest signing I ever came across.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the demo. I can't compare it to recent versions since I haven't played one of these since the days when it was still champ man.

Compared to that there is a lot of stuff for me to get used to, but it's nice to play again. Hopefully I don't spend too much time playing.

Chris McGuire is already pissed off with me because i don't want to sell him to hibs. Cock.

Yes he did!

When I first read the headline I thought the game was spookily accurate to real life until I realised it was Jimmy and not Colin.

After a very encouraging pre-season I've had a poor start to the season. In a bad sign for my future state of mind, I've already started punchign things when I concede goals.

Guest idol_wild
Did Jimmy Calderwood get the Hibs job in your game?

Signed Jay DeMerit - beast! 8-)

My step-brother's in this game too; he's well chuffed with himself! Highlight of his career tbf.

Is that Mr Mountford at Culter?

I worked alongside his brother Jonny at S P Darker. Good guy. How's he getting on? Haven't really spoken to him since, which is shit because I got on well with him.