aberdeen-music

Digital Drum Kits

Guffer09

Hey,

Im going to start looking into buying an electric kit to keep in the house.

Im often using my accoustic set, transporting it place to place for gigs and can never be hooped setting it back up.

Im going to nip past Bruce Millers later tonight for a nosey.

Any of you lot got any advice as what to look for, or If there is also somewhere else you might consider looking?

A mate has the Roland TD4, saying its great but Iv yet to try any of them.

Cheers,

Chris :up:

Hey,

Im often using my accoustic set, transporting it place to place for gigs and can never be hooped setting it back up.

Any of you lot got any advice as what to look for, or If there is also somewhere else you might consider looking?

Cheers,

Alright Chris, how's it going?

Only electric kit I've got experience of using is the Yamaha DXTreme, with rubber pads. The unit is pretty incredible, but I think I prefer the mesh pads! Can obviously chop and change stuff like this.

Chris

I have had a Roland TD6 kit for a couple of years now and it great if its just for bedroom/house practice. You get 99 kits and one that you can set up as your own kit. You can also change any of the sounds on the pre-programmed kits as well. Based on my experience I would recommend getting a Roland as it's very robust and very easy to set up and use. You will probably get one on ebay pretty cheap. If you have the budget I would go for a TD9 with mesh heads for the realistic reponse. Another option is the Yamaha kits. They have just revamped their range. They are a good price and get good reviews.

Rick

Hey,

Cheers,

Hi Chris

I own a Roland HD1-light. Its an ace little kit for the price and its a really good design so it saves space so you can fit it in a corner - my only issue is that it does not use pedals for your feet - it used paddles. So it wont improve your foot technice but then not many electric kits do to be honest. I think it depends on your price? My kit new is around 450-500 mark. But yeah go with Roland if you want my opinion as I think they are the best.

D

Hey,

Cheers for that,

nipped into Bruce Millers a few times and been looking about the internet ect,

Rolands seem the way to go.

They do have the 2Box DrumIt 5 in store, with 4 mesh heads which can be changed to acoustic drum skins as well, with rim shot sensors.

Its probably at the extreme of my budget I'd want to pay for a kit but still scouting about the Rolands.

x