aberdeen-music

Federer Trick Shot

Monster Zero

You're serious?

This is obviously a fake viral. Sure, it's been done very professionally, but if you can afford Federer's fee, then I doubt you're going to struggle to pay for the best video editing ninja around.

Rather than try and spot glitches in the video, ponder this...if he was actually able to nonchalently smack a bottle of a guys head from 30ft away, you really think he'd ever lose his serve in a match?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Man, what a candid and deeply revealing look at life OFF the camera. It's really cool to get an insight into the day to day chat and hum drum that goes on behind the scenes at these shoots when the stars are at their most vulnerable and exposed.

The reason I hate phoney marketing is that they're never clever enough just to leave it be. Some moron always has to insist on some BS statement relating to the product being made that just kills what could have been a fake but somewhat cool video. Are these marketing fuckwits really trying to tell me that Federer was just having a regular bloke-to-bloke chat about his sensitive skin, and then decided to 'demonstrate his point' by knocking a bottle off the other guy's head with a serve? What's that got to do with anything?

The reason I hate phoney marketing is that they're never clever enough just to leave it be. Some moron always has to insist on some BS statement relating to the product being made that just kills what could have been a fake but somewhat cool video. Are these marketing fuckwits really trying to tell me that Federer was just having a regular bloke-to-bloke chat about his sensitive skin, and then decided to 'demonstrate his point' by knocking a bottle off the other guy's head with a serve? What's that got to do with anything?

Reading the blurb beside it, was it not a conversation about how sensitive the Hawkeye system is?

I don't see this being directly comparable to a match at all to be honest, there is no pressure to perform other than not hitting the fanny with the can on his head in the coupon. In any case the guy's body language indicates he may be a bit dim and would just be like 'Cool I got hit in the face by Roger Federer, duuuuuude!'.

I'm quite happy to have it pointed out that I am taken in but no-one seems to be able to explain how it was achieved. If it is faked it's very very well done. The first shot the camera shifts and I thought 'what a lot of shit, the guy just moved and the can fell off' but the second shot I'm nae so sure.

• 2 weeks later...