aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Moose

Sorry to be very, very behind the times but I just picked this up for 7 the other day. holy fucking shit it is awesome. Awesome in the sense that it is a great game but also terrible in the sense that I HAVN'T SLEPT IN 4 DAYS (not literally but you ken).

Anyone else a big fan? Not terribly far through in the grand scale of things but been playing a good 12 hours. I hear it is rather long. I have killed a few people i maybe shouldn't have (the overseer for instance) but so far I'm pretty good. Has anyone been a total cunt and blown up Megaton.

Lastly, what are the expansion packs like? Can you get them on the 360?

I feel like a total geek but my flatmates are all away and I need someone to talk to about HOW FUCKING AWESOME THIS GAME IS.

You're in the right place my friend. I'd a good 40/50% of us are big fans and ultimate geeks when it comes to Fallout3. I recommend the Broken Steel and Point Lookout expansions. They make the game alot better. Garaunteed your life is going to get alot better but more reclused. I hope you enjoyed having friends.

Excellent game. I finished it like five times and got every achievement because I love it so much. All the expansion packs are on 360 and I strongly recommend them. I'd pick them up in the following order, personally.

Broken Steel extends the game's level cap to 30, changes a massive problem with the ending and gives you some cool new toys and enemies.

Point Lookout lets you go to a creepy irradiated swamp with mutant hillbillies and stuff. This one is really hard and I only recommend it if you have a high level.

The Pitt takes you to the ruins of Pittsburgh and it's all a bit Escape From New York/Mad Max. Has a cool chainsaw weapon thing.

Operation Anchorage is okay. It puts you inside a computer simulation in order to unlock a vault with some supercool shit inside like an invisibility granting ninja suit and an electric sword and plasma sniper thing. It has good loot, but the quest is kind of lame.

Mothership Zeta is some crap on a Spaceship. some okay loot, but not a great quest.

EDIT: Kill whoever you like, you can't screw yourself over totally as story essential people always revive. It is possible to lock yourself out of some non-essential stuff by being a psychokiller, though.

I've blown up Megaton a couple of times. If you do destroy it, try and complete the quest at night. So pretty...

Gigantic fan. Took me a while to understand, but then I got hooked. Have completed the main story 3 or 4 times now, and still go back to it.

Despite completing it 4 times and completing every quest except the Nuka Cola challenge, I have never built a custom weapon. I really should.

Blowing up Megaton is fucking awesome. You need to do it at least once. In fact, you cannot play this game through just once, cos you'll miss SO much. I know there's still heaps I haven't seen.

Still ain't bought the expansions. But this'll need remedied soon.

So who's about ready to cream their pants for New Vegas?

I think I'll be a while yet before I complete it. Just went to Tenpenny tower and they were all cunts so I killed them. Then I let in a bunch of ghouls from the sewers and they live there now. The head ghoul (Roy something) is a total cock though and isn't very grateful for how awesome I've been to him. Should I kill him too? Before this all panned out I was "Very Good" and now I am "Very Evil". I quite like that though.

Dogmeat keeps fucking dying in firefights. Is it better to leave him out of the more heinous battles or is it easy enough to stay by his side in the heat of battle to cure him? Apart from dying a lot he's a brilliant partner in combat. He goes mad and growls and is awesome also.

YAS.

I love this game so much!

Finally got my last achievement on Point Lookout.

All I need now are the 100 Steel Ingots and all the Logs on the Alien Ship and I'm at 100%.

Only annoying thing about this game are the occassional glitches. Point Lookout took me ages because it kept freexing. I just deleted everything today and redownloaded them.

Problem solved! I hope.

Broken Steel was annoying because the floor kept disappearing and I died falling through empty space. Hopefully this will be fixed.

It's payday for me tomorrow so I'm gonna pre-order New Vegas. The special edition looks great, it's just a pity there is no bobblehead this time.