aberdeen-music

noisy amp needs to be less noisy.

Seems common with those hybrid amps. My first amp was a Valvestate. The clean channel was fine, even with a distortion pedal, but the OD channel just had a harsh buzzing sound constantly. If it was a proper valve amp, I'd suggesting getting new pre amps, as microphonic feedback indicates pre amps on their way out. You could try putting in a new 12AX7 in it, though I'm led to believe valves don't really do much in these hybrid sort of amps.

• 5 weeks later...

right, put in a new electro harmonix 12AX7

and it hasnt helped....

went to speak to a few guys in inverness about getting it sorted, one place said 35 just to look at it, and another said 60. and i really cant afford that right now, especially seeing as the problem is probably a few bad caps or something, is there an easy way to check all the components myself?

right, put in a new electro harmonix 12AX7

and it hasnt helped....

went to speak to a few guys in inverness about getting it sorted, one place said 35 just to look at it, and another said 60. and i really cant afford that right now, especially seeing as the problem is probably a few bad caps or something, is there an easy way to check all the components myself?

Who did you go see in Inverness?