aberdeen-music

Kay bass project

MichaelCRobertson

i've had this for almost a year now, and was going to buy a new bridge to put on it as the one on it right now is a bit.... primitive.... any way, its a short scale tulip bass and im guessing it was made in (judging by the caveman like bridge) early 60s

i'll let it go for 40, and include the set of D'Addario short scale strings i bought for it aswell

i couldnt find a picture of itt, and lots my cable for my camera, so this is the guitar kay made (its the same shape)

b7yvip.jpg

Great!

My Conrad was 'set up' for me years ago at Prosound, but I was warned that the neck was going, and now it's only usable up to the 7th fret (which is usually OK for my limited ability).

I did get a Squier from a charity shop, but it was too 'bright' sounding, so I gave it away.

A cheap replacement is fine (and perfectly timed too). The Conrad still looks lovely (it's a violin bass style), so it can hang on the wall.

Thanks again!!! I spent a wee while yesterday putting on strings, adjusting the bridge etc. Because the pick-ups were attached to the loose scratchplate, I've lowered them by using long screws to attach them to the wood of the guitar, and it's all working fine (and with the bridge moved back abit the intonation is miles better than my Conrad) :up: