aberdeen-music

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Where's the cheapest? I know Game are running a 25 offer if you buy another title but I don't fancy anything.

Sort of want. Maybe I'll wait for Christmas.

Cheapest deal alone is Asda at 36 odd. Sainsbury will sell you it for 27.97 if you spend 30 on other shopping at the same time.

Tesco are doing a pretty good deal where it's 25 if you buy it along with a points cart (XBL 17.50 or PSN 20.00). The deal gets even better if you do it online, as you can go through Quidco and get 3.39 back (well that was the going rate for the game and XBL points card), bringing your total to under 40 for the two items.

GAMES - Call of Duty Black Ops - Launch Offer - Free Delivery - Tesco Entertainment

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's it. There are a few points in levels on MW2 where you can setup a defensible position and just pop people as they spawn or run out of the spawn.

I pretty much exclusively play FFA. I just don't like the team games, especially domination, not because they're no good but becausew people play them like they're FFA which is infuriating.

dominations my favourite game just because it's a bit more tactical. i fucking hate when idiots ignore the flags though and go for kills instead.

dominations my favourite game just because it's a bit more tactical. i fucking hate when idiots ignore the flags though and go for kills instead.

It might not be as bad on Black Ops 'cos the Tactical Nuke is gone so there's less incentive to behave that way.

I've seen that video where Sandy Ravage has two in the pocket on a domination game. TWO nukes :rockon:

On the subject of players playing modes wrong. On S&D I don't derp out into the middle and blast away like the rest of my team. I set up defences (claymores etc) then wait for the enemy to come to me.

Then get called a camper. It's fucking SEARCH and DESTROY. I'm on defence. I'm fucking defending.

People just play it for the massive kill points so they play it like Team deathmatch.

The best insult I've heard is when me and my friend were playing it defensively working together and slowly pushing towards one of the targets to plant and win. We got back to the lobby after and one of the rushers went,

"Oh MY GOD, you guys are such noobs. You have to plant the bomb to win!".

Uhhhh. Wut? :S

Best COD since the original Modern Warfare, I reckon. A vast improvement on last year's incarnation. They fixed so many things I disliked about the last game:-

- No more Stopping Power.

- Balanced perk tiers.

- No more Tactical Insertion on FFA.

- Killstreak kills not counting towards further killstreaks.

- No KD in objective-based games (provides an incentive to play more for the objective than your KD).

- Balanced weapons.

I'm sure there are a few things that I'll start disliking soon, but I think it's very good so far. The only thing I really hate is that the Claymores don't have a delayed explosion any more and they still don't have dedicated servers, but eh, fuck it. Zombies is class btw.

One thing I was looking for that is still missing, my biggest complaint, is that you can't cycle kill streaks. So you'll end up with your UAV buried under your other killstreaks when you need it most. You'll be looking for a spy plane so you know where to place that all important attack chopper or napalm strike but you can't access it until you use said chopper/strike etc.

One thing I was looking for that is still missing, my biggest complaint, is that you can't cycle kill streaks. So you'll end up with your UAV buried under your other killstreaks when you need it most. You'll be looking for a spy plane so you know where to place that all important attack chopper or napalm strike but you can't access it until you use said chopper/strike etc.

Yeah that would be a great feature, although you can use the spy plane to help you build your streak, since they don't chain.

Roll on payday. MW2 is so full of campy dregs now. Some muppet today msg'd me and called me a try hard for dropshotting in the killcam. FFS, a million cheap knifings and campers galore but I'm the prick. Hopefully the l33t MW2 community all hate Black Ops and won't buy it because they gimped quickscope lol.

/rant

The campaign is definitely worth persisting with. The final third is absolutely outstanding. Still plenty of "America, fuck yeah!" bullshit going on, but the story is ten times better than in any COD game before it.

Just unlocked the Hardcore lobbies, thank Christ. That's my bread and butter.

The campaign is definitely worth persisting with. The final third is absolutely outstanding. Still plenty of "America, fuck yeah!" bullshit going on, but the story is ten times better than in any COD game before it.

Unfortunately I had the plot ruined for me but still something quite special about the end of the single-player. MW2's story, though, I really enjoyed, moreso than this one - probably because it wasn't full of Cold War references I don't get due to being a whippersnapper.