aberdeen-music

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Loving this game however for the past week I've not been able to get online. I'm playing it on the xbox 360 and I can do combat training (which requires you to be signed into xbox live) but I can't seem to get into any game lobbies. I press find game and it searches for ages and eventually (after a few minutes) comes up with a message saying that it could not connect to the COD server and that I should check the status on their website which says it's ok. A few minutes later it'll just randomly disconnect me from xbox live. It's getting quite annoying to say the least.

Anyone else having this problem? It was working fine until about a week ago and hasn't worked since

Loving this game however for the past week I've not been able to get online. I'm playing it on the xbox 360 and I can do combat training (which requires you to be signed into xbox live) but I can't seem to get into any game lobbies. I press find game and it searches for ages and eventually (after a few minutes) comes up with a message saying that it could not connect to the COD server and that I should check the status on their website which says it's ok. A few minutes later it'll just randomly disconnect me from xbox live. It's getting quite annoying to say the least.

Anyone else having this problem? It was working fine until about a week ago and hasn't worked since

I would try using a fixed ip on your router for your Xbox and forward the ports that xbox live requires

Have a look here

Xbox Live - Router & Port Forwarding - Guide - Difficulty 1/10 - Xbox 360 Tutorials - Xbox 360 Downloads - Xbox 360 Homebrew, Xbox 360 Hacking, Xbox 360 Modchips, Xbox 360 Dashboards, Xbox 360 Bios, Xbox 360 Softmods, Xbox 360 Auto Installers

Could also be your NAT type being a dick. A quick solution that's always worked for me was simply resetting my router, then going to the "Test Xbox Live Connection" on the xbox dashboard. Sorted.

Loving multiplayer. Hate getting bankrupt when I'm clearly out in 1st in Sticks & Stones though. The campaign was predictable and the very end a bit of an anti-climax, but still some fucking awesome levels, particularly the rat tunnels and going down the river to Sympathy for the Devil, YAS! Also liked Fortunate Son coming on when first landing in Vietnam.

Got it yesterday. I feel a little underwhelmed by some of the multiplayer maps. They seem too large for FFA and wager match modes. Maybe they work better in team games but I seem to be spending a lot of time running around trying to find anyone.

And they're usually camped in a corner when i do meet them :rolleyes: Good old COD.

The sound is utterly shit as well and useless for detecting enemies but I've taken to playing with music playing so that's fine by me. At least you can turn off the ingame music this time :up:

(Probably needs to give it a week or so)

Campaign completed.

Playing online now.... I suck.

And too many people speaking Spanish in all the lobbies. I don't speak Spanish.

And I keep getting blown up by mines. Bastards.

The hacker perk is the way forward if you hate being blown up by mines. Means you can see them from miles away. It's the RCXD's that get on my nerves a bit

Running from RCXDs is stupid. Shoot at it until you're empty and succeed or accept you're fucked.

Got an awesome ballistic knife kill the other day in sticks & stones. Boy was almost unseesble while prone on a roof. I got the cut though.

Also got a hatchet kill in sticks and stones as the final kill while in second against the first place player, putting me in first. 3000 credits THANK YOU!