aberdeen-music

Call of Duty: Black Ops

So is this going to be similar to modern warfare at all or is it going to be another call of duty game if you get me? I really didn't like world at war but i fucking love Modern warfare 1+2.

Treyarch are developing it instead of Infinity Ward, so it will be more akin to World at War's take on COD 4 but based in the Cold War. Just another title to feed the Activision cash cow pretty much.

Why? i've never had problems, but i don't use it.

It makes boosting for XP and nukes too easy. Sometimes, it's every other game in free for all. You can spot them doing it in spectate mode before you join matches sometimes.

If I spot them I proceed to destroy them until they GTFO of the lobby :devil:

It makes boosting for XP and nukes too easy. Sometimes, it's every other game in free for all. You can spot them doing it in spectate mode before you join matches sometimes.

If I spot them I proceed to destroy them until they GTFO of the lobby :devil:

Destroying nuke boosters is a fun game in its own right. Few things in MW2 give me more pleasure than spoiling their streaks.

John - two friends join a free for all game. They go into a quiet corner of the map and one of them repeatedly kills the other (who has a tactical insertion placed in the hiding place) until they've won.

I still don't understand, maybe i haven't played it enough. What is it they actually do? TI is the thing where you choose where to respawn right?

Yeah. Two guys who know each other join an FFA game, hide in a corner of the map and one of them repeatedly kills the other who keeps respawning right in the same place. They typically do it to get free nukes.

Check out this vid, it shows the behaviour and how to put an end to it :devil:

Destroying nuke boosters is a fun game in its own right. Few things in MW2 give me more pleasure than spoiling their streaks.

Oh yeah, if I'm in the mood it's ace. Once you know all the spots you don't even need siterep.

Pain in the arse if you're absorbed in the game and suddenly some little bastards pip you to the score limit or call in a nuke though :swearing:

They hang out in Barebones Pro as well, if they're boosting for other things than nukes 'cos you don't get killstreaks in that game. I ended up in a whole lobby full of the same clan boosting the other day. Seems I had stopped them locking the lobby. It was only after two matches and me pinching their clan tag that I started getting 'negative feedback' including a casual death threat lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Call of Duty: Black Ops - The Call of Duty Wiki - Call of Duty: Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, characters and more

Tactical Insertion confirmed. Treyarch claim they're going to police the game diligently to prevent hacking and boosting. We shall see. Also, the killstreaks can't be chained. ie. kills from killstreaks don't count towards further killstreak rewards.

Last week I managed a tactical knife triple-kill on a boosting party in MW2 which was a pure delight. Perhaps I'd miss this. sometimes.

Killstreaks not being chained is balls. How else am I meant to get decent rewards?!

I think the final streak is 11 kills so not so bad. Everyone will still camp for them though, of course.

Not that I don't. An important observation of the COD mentality is that it's everyone else who are camping.

I've taken to going off the grid as a good way of getting decent killstreaks, silencer, cold blooded and ninja. Even then I'm thrilled to get anything 6+

I haven't got the patience for camping, I have to keep moving or I get horrifically bored, even if that's detrimental to my stats. Enjoyment > Good Stats

Haven't decided if I'm going to biter with Black Ops or not. Still got things I want to do in MW2, a couple more prestiges or something.

I usually run and gun but if I get bored I spawn camp on Trailer Park, Skidrow or Favela. It's just my theory that if you're going to play like a dick then go big. Don't be that sad a-hole hiding in corners hoping for a kill. Get your claymores down, One-Man-army up and your spawnkills on. Also, choose these killstreaks:

Harrier Strike - Pavelow - AC130

Absolute pwnage and you'll almost certainly get some abuse if peeps are playing with their mics on.

I really like going ninja on it, wait somewhere quiet where you know someone will be flying by pretty soon, get them, then move onto another spot before they come back. If you want to be really cheeky as well you move somewhere near by and get them again when they come hunting. Skid Row is my favourite map for this. Otherwise i just do laps round the map or through a specific path and kill as i go, Marathon Pro, banging.

Yeah that levels really good and tight. I'll usually prowl that hectic corridor with my SPAS-12 looking for campers to shoot in the face or just camp the whole corridor from the end with the steps. Those rooms off it are good for sneaky camping as it's hard to tell from the kill-cam which corner you're in.

that's part of the path i sprint on, it's great, but you have 50/50 chance of nailing the camping folk or getting fucked and it comes down to mostly luck, but once you make it up the stairs into the first room, everyone else is at your mercy.

i love hanging around the path way at the edge of the map the leads you to the car park, that corridor or the rooms at the end. Endless amount of folk coming by and if your stealth you can fuck them all up. Once again though, gotta keep moving or you get done in yourself.

I always get fucked up going through there. My fave is the spawnkill spot near the minigun by the stairs on the other side of the courtyard. If you doubleup claymores on the set of stairs at the back and wedge yourself in the corner at the top of the outside stairs it's good for about 7 kills on the spawn if you're lucky.

Spawnkill,as in waiting where folk spawn? That's never happened to me before but i can imagine you get some amount of abuse for it!

What games do you normally play?

Yeah, that's it. There are a few points in levels on MW2 where you can setup a defensible position and just pop people as they spawn or run out of the spawn.

I pretty much exclusively play FFA. I just don't like the team games, especially domination, not because they're no good but becausew people play them like they're FFA which is infuriating.

I play FFA too, but i do like Deathmatch. Domination too but only if i'm in a party for the very reason you mentioned, Deathmatch you don't need people's co-operation.

I was in FFA the other night, just four people for some reason, it was fucking awesome, everyone was doing it stealth, the map i remember best was wasteland, i just ran along the inside of that bigass hedge and popped them off as i saw them, won the match with only like 5 or 6 deaths or something.

You on Xbox or PS3?

Xbox. I'm currently on my 4th prestige, and only one fucking nuke. And I got that by accident!

I want to stop playing this but I must have all the shiny shiny things.

• 1 month later...