aberdeen-music

Goldie Lookin' Chain @ LT

Rob

I'm gonna see 'em in Edinburgh during the Festival. WAPPERS!

Speaking of prices of tickets - went to Jongleurs comedy club the other night cos I had a cheap offer of tickets - 33quid for 8 people. Noticed the proper price to get in is actually 12odd quid a HEAD which made me think what the fuck costs so much to put on a comedy show?!

I mean, yeah, it's a nice place and everything but the bar wasn't exactly cheap and it's only 4 comediens and a vocal PA with probably little travels expenses compared to bands who have shitloads of gear, more people, vans etc etc etc but gigs are a hell of a lot cheaper! What's going on?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

excuse me, it may just be me, but these guys are fucking shit!

They can't rap!! Well, at least to my ears they sound awful and their "rhymes" are unoriginal, uninspired, and just generally not good rap artists. Certainly not a group who's CDs i would ever buy.

excuse me' date=' it may just be me, but these guys are fucking shit!

They can't rap!! Well, at least to my ears they sound awful and their "rhymes" are unoriginal, uninspired, and just generally not good rap artists. Certainly not a group who's CDs i would ever buy.[/quote']

Yeah! And that Ali G, he's shite at interviews! He just asks stupid questions and gets stuff wrong and that...

excuse me' date=' it may just be me, but these guys are fucking shit!

They can't rap!! Well, at least to my ears they sound awful and their "rhymes" are unoriginal, uninspired, and just generally not good rap artists. Certainly not a group who's CDs i would ever buy.[/quote']

Totally agree with you. How anyone can listen to their stuff is beyond me. It's boring, monotonous and really not funny. Yeah they're a "joke" band, but the only joke is that they've become so big. I wish the underground had kept them.

and most people want serious music, made by junkies that don't show up for the live gigs...

hold on ... arrrghgh BABYSHAMBLES hits this thread now ! (ho ho)

Fair enough, most people who don't like the GLC, just don't "GET" the GLC...

mind you, I think 6 feet under is funny, but I imagine not everyone else in britain does.

I'm not particularly interested in going to see them live, but their recorded songs are undeniably good. They may not be the greatest rappers, but that's not their appeal, they make clever comedic lyrics and present them through rap, and although it may not be enough to keep them around in the long run, their stuff's still funny to listen to for the moment.

Agree that those that don't find GLC funny don't get it. The lyrics are hilarious' date=' and underneath there are some pretty catchy tunes. Safe as fuck, you knows it.[/quote']

How can you say that? That's a total small-minded way of looking at it. People have different senses of humour, doesn't mean they don't "get it". I get it, but I don't like it. Simple as. Even if I did find the lyrics funny (which I really don't) then the beatz would put me off anyway.

How can you say that? That's a total small-minded way of looking at it. People have different senses of humour' date=' doesn't mean they don't "get it". I get it, but I don't like it. Simple as. Even if I did find the lyrics funny (which I really don't) then the beatz would put me off anyway.[/quote']

Fuck off. I wasn't the first to mention that, and I stand by my point. :swearing:

Fuck off. I wasn't the first to mention that' date=' and I stand by my point. :swearing:[/quote']

aye, looks like you took my flack !...

I think it's funny, you put under someone's nose "you don't get it" and they feel insulted, as if it's an intellectual insult...

"I don't like the lyrics, I don't like the beats...(the way they dress etc) BUT, I do get it..."

yeah, right.