aberdeen-music

!!!The Wig Is Back!!!

Yup, lounge music and everything, we're going for elevator chic (seems to work for a lot of places in town!)

So by now you've probably realised I'm being sarcastic and that this Wig's not for turning! Saying that tho, we are bringing in cocktails, but they're gonna be rockin along with the bar!

We are gonna diversify the music slightly, but only slightly along with the live side of things,

Hopefully you'll not be disappointed! It's more about giving the place a kick up the behind than changing the soul of the bar!

Looking forward to seeing a new genesis of an old favourite. I would hope that a nod will be given to the history of the place, especially regarding the name, and that not all ties with the judiciary will be lost? Would be very sad if Tilted Wig became a name only, with no evidence in the bar as to how it got the name.....

I would be very interested in running gigs here. But what would be the story with a sound guy? And would yous look into buying a proper PA system for the venue after a while?

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your message, we will have a dedicated PA up and running by the start of October, plus a stage setup also. We have our own sound engineer we can use, plus as an ex gigging guitarist I can do a lot myself in terms of setting up.etc.

Would love to discuss further, please get in touch either via the details below or if you're in town feel free to pop in to us, we're around pretty much 24/7 at the moment, if we're not there ask one of the staff to ring us and we can usually be back in the pub in literally 2 mins!

Thanks for getting in touch,

Regards,

Stephen Thomson

07869 504021

thetiltedwig@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing a new genesis of an old favourite. I would hope that a nod will be given to the history of the place, especially regarding the name, and that not all ties with the judiciary will be lost? Would be very sad if Tilted Wig became a name only, with no evidence in the bar as to how it got the name.....

I completely agree, like I said we don't want to change the soul of the bar, just freshen the place up (don't think anyone could argue against needing it!) and bring it back to how it should be. We'll certainly be making a feature of the old pictures of the Lang Bar and the history of the place, at the moment everything's a bit slapdash, so it's also about arranging the place better. I sincerely hope that we can keep as much of the spirit and original features as possible, but also modernise where needed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...