aberdeen-music

Bitchin Rain

Preid

My dog sleeps in my bed. Upon hearing the thunder he woke up, shat himself, ran around in circles barking before eventually deciding on spending the next fifteen minutes humping my pillow.

Pah, 'tis nothing next to weegie rain, though the flipside is that they know nothing of wind, compared to the noble 'Deenian.

The infrastructure in Glasgow is used to the rain, if by 'used' you mean resigned to losing 20% of flat urban land for the duration, and the pavements here are awful, pitted concrete and asphalt things that collect water, just be glad of the fine Granite paving slabs.

Pah, 'tis nothing next to weegie rain, though the flipside is that they know nothing of wind, compared to the noble 'Deenian.

The infrastructure in Glasgow is used to the rain, if by 'used' you mean resigned to losing 20% of flat urban land for the duration, and the pavements here are awful, pitted concrete and asphalt things that collect water, just be glad of the fine Granite paving slabs.

I wish we had wind instead of rain!

The carpark outside my flat looked to be a river, and we've got a wee garden bit between our block and the next block of flats which was completely flooded in seconds.

I was tempted to go outside and take some photos but wimped out cause I didn't want to get wet before bed. [insert joke here]

bitchin' rain indeed. perfect word to describe it.

i haven't seen anything like it in Scotland in years.

saw some sheet lightning and the thunder was pretty hardcore. the rain woke me up at 12:30am, it sounded like someone was blasting my window with coarse sand. sat up and watched the lightning flashes for about half an hour.

bitchin' rain indeed. perfect word to describe it.

i haven't seen anything like it in Scotland in years.

saw some sheet lightning and the thunder was pretty hardcore. the rain woke me up at 12:30am, it sounded like someone was blasting my window with coarse sand. sat up and watched the lightning flashes for about half an hour.

Slightly irrelevant, but my sister's mate took these a couple years ago in Fraserburgh. Ace photos.

lightning_original.jpg

lightning2.jpg

lightning3.jpg

lightning1.jpg

Guest Gladstone
People at work think I'm making the storm up. No one else heard it.

Wait a second.

Were you trying to engage your colleagues in a conversation about the weather?

You fucking hypocrite.

I didn't actually engage it. The guy I sit next to was wonder about why the car park at his gym was covered in mud and the manhole was open. I suggested it could have been because of the biblical rain, which he didn't even know about. I am a bastard. I should have told him it was human shit, and not any sort of result of weather.