aberdeen-music

Got the GAS for a new guitar, need advice!

jgomez

Looking to spend up to 400-450 and I've got a vague idea of what I'm looking for. I really want something that's versatile, so I'd ideally like a 2-1-1 config. I think I'd be happy enough with 2 humbuckers though so long as it'd cover the majority of what I'm looking to play. I really don't fancy a Floyd Rose style trem, but I'm happy enough with a standard trem or even a fixed bridge. I'm looking for something with a blue finish preferably, looks are important, but tone is paramount of course, so I wouldn't discount anything unless it's hideous! I'll be playing the guitar through my Blackstar HT-5 stack at my house and will be playing anything from Blues to Rock to Metal.

So far I've looked at the Ibanez SAS36QM, I've got it pricematched somewhere for 395 along with hard case, strings, cable, strap:

SAS36QM_CBS_27_03.png

The Fender JA-90:

ja-90.jpg

Schecter C1:

671527.jpg

Ibanez RGA72QM:

3808-large.jpg

I've seen an LTD MH1000NT that I really like, but at 700-800 it's out of my price range, they make cheaper ones but they're all floyd rose. :(

I'll likely be buying blind as there isn't anything locally that I fancy having just had a rake around R&B and Brucies, the closest I've tried out to any of the above is an Ibanez SAS260, the model below the SAS36, and while I liked it, I found the bridge humbucker pretty uninspiring.

So, any suggestions guys? Anyone have any comments on the above guitars, or think there are better alternatives for the money?

Cheers!