aberdeen-music

Oi Hipster. Excuse me, wtf r u doin?

Teabags

Guest idol_wild
Yes, that's its primary function, the function of which Duchamp was playing upon by sticking it in a gallery.

How bold and clever.

Give the man a chocolate biscuit.

Things like the urinal exist as a reaction to representational art and the idea that art can only be used to imitate reality.

Have you ever seen 'Paul and Pauline Calf's Video Diaries'? Steve Coogan played an art critic during intro's to the programmes where said critic tried to promote Paul Calf's video footage as works of art. It sounds just like the sort of thing that you said....

Guest idol_wild
Still the funniest avatar on here by far.

EDIT Not the Duchamp, the dudes avatar

It's ironic that it's a Les Paul that is featured. I thought those guitars were meant to be amazing for tone?

Guest idol_wild
People who diss Les Pauls tend to play strats on the bridge pick up, which is basically akin to admitting you're a rapist.

^ If that provokes a response, I'd like you all to consider it art.

Dear Jon,

Thank you for this contribution to the website. I would very much like to throw a liberal and bountiful volume of reputation in your direction.

However, I am unable. My apologies.

Best regards,

idol_wild

Yes, that's its primary function, the function of which Duchamp was playing upon by sticking it in a gallery.
So basically, he was too lazy to do any real art, so he went and got a urinal, badly scrawled his name on it and made up a tale so tits like yourself would think he's a genius?

He was a genius, partly in that he was one of the first to realise that giving something a really snappy title could create the illusion of aesthetic content, exhibit 1- The Bride Stripped Bare by her Bachelors, Even.

The_Bride_Stripped_Bare_By_Her_Bachelors,_Even.jpg

Duchamps is alright really, the trick is to see him as a proto-Chris Morris provocateur, noising up both sides of any point simultaneously. Er, In hindsght.

Expose yourself to children

The top picture is a tram going over some arctic plains.

The second picture is a post industrial communial garden. Washing line is a dead give away.

Ofcourse however, these bullshit pictures are usually surrounded by the saying " it's not what you see in the picture. It's what you don't see". Or some bollocks like that.

I bought a new rug and I've got to say it reallys brings the room together BUT when I put a crumpled newspaper on top of it it becomes a haven for facist post op post modern pretense hipsters.

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not doing this to make any kind of point, just to move this thread somewhere positive, what's everybody's favourite art work and why?

While I'm have trouble choosing my #1 BEST ART EVER #1, I really loved Ron Mueck's exhibition at the art gallery a few months back. Being around these sculptures was really uncanny and the sense of scale seemed to amplify the emotions I felt from each piece. Also, loads of his work was nude and nudity is hilarious. Especially yours, tiny!