aberdeen-music

Deathpodal//Min Diesel// +tbc @ The Tunnels Thurs Aug 26th

The Matricarians bit was very accurate....we had a few unexpected 'pops'n'crackles' (due to our duff equipment) and I have a habit of getting good loops going, but quitting them too early because I think the audience might get bored (then listening back to a recording of the gig and realising it could've gone on longer).

Remind me your address (lost my list due to a computer crash a while ago) and I'll send out the last 2 Matricarians ones and the new Kitchen Cynics one to you.

I really liked some of the sounds Matricarians were creating. Would be very interested to hear all four of you live to see what you could come up with. I thought some of it was quite self-indulgent, but in a good way! I enjoyed not having a clue what was coming next and seeing where you would take the sounds you were making.

We didn't have a clue what was coming next either :up:

As Duncan is moving from Aberdeen we'll probably be a 3-piece next time, although a kind board member has offered to add percussion (we had Shane Connolly, of Alasdair Roberts' band sit in with us once at Peacock, and he was intrigued by our 'unusual' time signatures......we haven't got a clue about time signatures!).

You can hear some recorded stuff on the myspace page (although the earliest album was mostly piano improv with folk lyrics)...

Matricarians on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We didn't have a clue what was coming next either :up:

As Duncan is moving from Aberdeen we'll probably be a 3-piece next time, although a kind board member has offered to add percussion (we had Shane Connolly, of Alasdair Roberts' band sit in with us once at Peacock, and he was intrigued by our 'unusual' time signatures......we haven't got a clue about time signatures!).

I tend to think ther review was a tad harsh, lots of people including myself thought it was a very excellent night. sometimes bands overstay their welcome. Alan & David did start their set & inprovised their way to the end.....right :up: