aberdeen-music

NEW YORK DOLLS @ The Lemon Tree - Sunday 29th August 2010 - 7.30pm

Sunday 29th August

@ The Lemon Tree

APA / The Lemon Tree is proud to present...

NEW YORK DOLLS

7.30pm doors

17.50 + booking fee

About the New York Dolls:

This is what you need to know the New York Dolls were the first and the best, and that hasnt changed.

When the Dolls whipped their first long-player on an unsuspecting world in 1973, they were positively terrifying. Next to the Dolls, the other so-called glam boys who clogged the pages of Creem magazine looked like spoiled children who had just toodled home from ballet class. The New York Dolls are just as pretty as they want to be. They walk tall, with or without the platform boots and puffed-up hair. And they can still kick your ass. You better pray for the RocknRoll nurse.

Artist Website: New York Dolls

TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM: Aberdeen - Find Theatre tickets, dates and venues schedules

This is the same night as The Low Anthem. So now that enters my decision tree alongside pondering whether seeing the NYD in 2010 would be a good thing or not....

Get yourself along, they were awesome at Rebellion despite dodgy sound. Lemon Tree stage is going to be seriously tight given how much they move around on stage.

I know all promoters say this and usually Id try to avoid doing but its worth pointing out tickets are selling very well for this so if your swithering id say to get in early.

Graeme - no worries re hijack - its a shame its same night but only night i could get them.

Like a lot of others ill be trying to do both gigs - but avoiding booze as i have to move flat first thing the next day and will likely be nursing a post Wizard hangover.

Theres a decent documentary on New York music on I-player at the moment which has a fair chunk on the NYDolls in it which i found interesting and quite timely i guess with them currently doing the rounds - you can check it out here:

BBC iPlayer - Once Upon a Time in New York: The Birth of Hip Hop, Disco and Punk

And another one which is all performances of various acts:

BBC iPlayer - New York Rock at the BBC