aberdeen-music

Epi Dot wiring mess.

User name

What's the problem? Changed pups on a Gretsch once so I'd imagine it's the same sort of set-up.

On the Gretsch the difficultie was getting in and out through the f-holes, I tied thread to the pots before removing them to unsolder.

Did that but I have no idea how to actually wire the new pickups up, they are 4 conductor whereas the Epi pickups only have one wire and I know it must be simple but I just don't have the time right now to experiment with it. I would prefer someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at it.

My mate repairs guitars and amps, wizard at rewiring etc and he's sent his Gibson 345 and my Hofner verythin to Rob who works out of Kenny's music for both to be rewired as it's such a fickery time consuming job.

If your getting it done might be an idea to get your pots etc changed as he'll be most likely be taking them out to put in the new pups anyway. Thats what im doing with the Hofner as the quality of the electrics are a bit poor.