aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Soda Jerk

The Afternoon Gentlemen, Ablach, Dross, Oblivion Incarnate 21 August @ Toms

I believe the chap putting this do on is on holiday, so I'll chuck together a thread since it's only 3 weeks away...

Saturday 21st August @ Captain Toms

THE AFTERNOON GENTLEMEN

10,000mph multi-vocal blast-violence

The Afternoon Gentlemen on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ABLACH

Local Grind. Pure evil.

Ablach - 2 NEW SONGS UP! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

OBLIVION INCARNATE

Grunts and shreds.

Oblivion Incarnate on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

DROSS

Pointless guff.

(Fuck the internet!)

Doors at 9:00pm-ish

4 in. Bring your own Beer, or Ribena. Whatever.

Guest idol_wild

Not meaning to be a total arse (hey, it comes naturally to me), but why did the chap book this show and then bugger off on holiday without implementing the promotional basics?

Cheers Soda Jerk. I was going to do this on my lunch. Baz has been off the scope so no idea what's going on to be honest.

All I care is it's going to be a great night and I fucking loooove byob toms gigs. I'm going to fuck people off and air blast all night.

Soda Jerk - you know what I look like right, for tonight? I have no idea what star trek character you look like. Whoofta!!!

You were in your avatar for long enough so I'm sure I'll spot you. I've even cut out all the flyers too, so they'd be readily available to chuck about tonight.

You were in your avatar for long enough so I'm sure I'll spot you. I've even cut out all the flyers too, so they'd be readily available to chuck about tonight.

Things in person appear alot differently than on the internet. I won't have my blusher on and you wouldn't think it but I'm actually taller than my avatar. Sorry I'm bored and spouting shite.

That's extra testicular though man nice one. I'll be drinking polski wine prior to this gig so the heckled are on me.

I've been told this Toms gig could continue into the unholy hours of the morning. Will there be any sort of option to lock my gear up at Toms and come back to collect it the following day?

I imagine so. Tom is usually quite cool with all that. Though he'd obviously like it picked up sooner rather than later.

Aye, it'd literally be the next day I imagine.

Looking forward to this one. I don't know where Jan is going to put his pedal suitcase!

I've not been to or done a Toms gig. Do we just use Toms backline? Drums and cabs and that?

Yeah. It's all in room 2, so you use that kit and can mix and match the cabs as you fancy i think.

PA, cabs, drumkit etc. are all provided.

Usually just the essentials (guitars, pedals, cymbals, snare) would do.

I'm sure that the bands can help each other out with this though if need be :)

Yep! If bands share the same gear and backline as much as possible then it makes things cool and chilled. Flyers and posters went out today. Any band wanting to help out with promotion I have plenty of flyers and posters readily available thanks to Soda Jerk. Once again nigh swan mate!

Some sandwich shops refused the poster because of the offensive content. The bastards!

This definately a BYOB??

Ken Tom has his ain bar n license etc now so was thinking it'd be a NON byob.

But yeah, cheers to the guys for sorting out all the shit in absence o other folk!

MWAH!!!

Some sandwich shops refused the poster because of the offensive content. The bastards!

Ooer, that'll be my fault. I described you as "FUCK YOU GRIND". Sorry about that!

Tipex over it and wrote "Flower Grind". Pleasant

Ooer, that'll be my fault. I described you as "FUCK YOU GRIND". Sorry about that!

Tipex over it and wrote "Flower Grind". Pleasant

Ha it's fine it beats the usual boring descriptions on posters.

Special brew powerviolence.

Illegible logo death metal - awesome!! Loving it.

Don't have a jpeg or anything to send you. Maybe Soda Jerk could upload a hi-res photo for you. Yeah dude I'll get some posters to you. Would RnB take some flyers aswell?