aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
scott.wright

Union Terrace Gardens

Sott Begbie had a good piece that summed it up very very well in the EE yesterday.:up:

There's a sentence you won't see every day. The man's a fucking clown. He makes up half the letters on the letters page as well, so don't take them too seriously.

There's a sentence you won't see every day. The man's a fucking clown. He makes up half the letters on the letters page as well, so don't take them too seriously.

i got star letter in the evening express once. so that one wasn't made up, though they did change part of it. sent me a nice 10 tesco voucher. i asked if they could change it to a markies one, they said no :(

I agree with that but it was a good piece

That's as it may be and it's the EE but the points he made were spot on and well said!! Even if a monkey had said it it would still be a well thought through piece.

Link

This post has a neutral stance on this subject

I felt it important that there is more awareness of where we can go to submit our views on the proposals by Ian Wood for Union Terrace Gardens.

This link takes you to the folk that are gathering the public opinion.

Feedback

Please use this if you have an opinion.

This post has a neutral stance on this subject

I felt it important that there is more awareness of where we can go to submit our views on the proposals by Ian Wood for Union Terrace Gardens.

This link takes you to the folk that are gathering the public opinion.

Feedback

Please use this if you have an opinion.

Good shout Jim. Opinion submitted.

Good shout Jim. Opinion submitted.

Not exactly shouting from the roof tops about this are they...

I heard through someone who heard through someone that was at a meeting about something...

They may end up being bamboozled by well thought out opinion...

This thread isn't about the PVA planned building though. I'm referring to the plans for the removal of the gardens all together by Ian Wood. Yes by default there is reference to the PVA plans.

Yeah, but that thread goes on to talk about the Ian Wood plans as Peacock had something planned already and then he said "Hud oan, here's 50 mil, I'm nae haein that shite fillin ma garden. I want it to be mine".

When the new plans for UTG first came about, I was horrified. After a while, I figured that it might be worth giving it a look just to be fair. Now I'm back to horrified again... The whole plan just seems completely unfeasable. Is there any way to register support for the Peacock plans/disgust with Sir Ian's proposition? I've got a horrible feeling that it won't matter anyway but something has to be tried at least.

Most of these grand plans never come to pass, fortunately!

I still think a revamp/addition to the Triple Kirks, cascading down into the gardens is the least offensive option.

Also, employing a parkie/junkie catcher would be useful.

And maybe some more steps/escalators down from Union St or bridges from Belmont St.

Whatever,I'm really hoping Ian Wood's shopping centre with a few trees poking out of the concrete doesn't happen in my lifetime.

As far as i was aware, peacock would be give an area in the new square? which i think would make make a lot more sense rather than the single white elephant that has been proposed by peacock.

Nope, there is a suggestion that there will be an arts centre inside the square. Certainly wont be anything to do with PVA as there is a time limit on the funding and it is non transferable to another project. Quite who would be in charge of the Wood proposed Arts centre is another mystery and a scary prospect for anyone involved in the Arts.

You say White Elephant? Have you seen both plans? The proposed Square looks like an elephant graveyard and the PVA building blends with the surroundings. I'm not against developing the gardens. Just do it in a manner, once and for all, that is befitting of the area/space/city. We don't need a massive plaza or attempt at Central Park in NY. All terminology used to entice the public into thinking this is an exotic plan that will save the city...