aberdeen-music

The Prodigy! - Partial Review of their new album

Guest user

The Prodigy have released a new album entitled 'Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned'. Today I received this album and was quite impressed with a few of the songs such as 'Get Up Get Off', 'Action Radar' and 'Hotride'. Action Radar is a soothing blend of synthesisers, electronically cloned drums and computerised guitar. Although I did enjoy these three tracks I do feel partially disappointed having spent 11.00 on the album. Their first album 'Fat of the Land' was a much better album in my opinion. Does anyone have any other reviews of this album?

i've only heard one of the new tracks which got p[lay on radio one. It was fucking awsome....

and if it is anything near in between experience and jilted then i will definetely love it

i cant take any comment seriously of someone who claims that fat of the land was their first album. They obviously havnt heard the best stuff..........in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

Its an album without any stand-out anthemic songs on it, there ain't a Firestarter or a Breathe on this album, which is what i like better about this album, its more in line with Music For The Jilted Generation than Fat Of The Land i think albeit with more tracks featuring vocals.

It ain't a perfect album and i do think there are some weak moments on the album, preferably in the second half of the album, i think after Action Radar, the momentum seems to grind to a halt a bit and it never truly picks itself up even by the time Liam Gallagher is snarling his way through Shootdown.

In the first half however, i think its hard to fault anything Liam Howlett does. From the opening track Spitfire to Action Radar, the beats and vocals are just tearing through your ears and stabbing at the frontal lobes of your brain as all great Prodigy tracks should do but it ain't a perfect album like i said, and i can't think of any Prodigy album in the past that has been perfect anyway.

Fat Of The Land had weak moments like Serial Thrilla, Climbatize and Narayan for example but yet was still a satisfactory album that still managed to unite many fans who are into many different genres of music together, i think Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned does the same. I think the music on this album could easily appeal to anyone who likes metal or who likes hiphop or who likes techno or who likes punk rock.

I don't think for one moment this is an album thats aimed at the charts, i think this is more of an album of just straight-up album tracks on it instead of chart-friendly anthems that stand-out like Firestarter and Breathe and i think maybe thats where some of the bad reviews its been getting are coming from, the fact that there are no tracks that sound like Firestarter on it.

I am just glad Howlett never went down that road cos Baby's Got A Temper just sounded like a reject Fat Of The Land track to me.

To be fair I actuallt thought MFTJG was a fucking awesome album, I can't fault anything on it. It had a few 'anthems' if you will.

Heard parts of the Dirt Chamber Sessions too, pretty funky.

Hoping the new album goes down old skool lane.

the only two things wrong with the new album is twista's realy bad busta rhymes impression altho I still like the song, and the last track is just awful as to how liam gallagher manages to fuck up one line is beyond me. but the whole song doesnt sit well especialy after a song like the way it is (a better end to the album in my opinion). The only excuse for that song (shoot down) to even be on the album is if liams wife made him do it .still a little bit of charity goes along way i spose.

I cannot get into this discussion that far, as i hold the prodigy far to close to heart. They got me into rock music.

Well, first off..this is Liam howletts album and thats my only niggle, simply because i love maxim and keith so much. The album is amazing, I have been waiting for like five years for this so to finally get it is breathtaking. It has a lot of odd people on it, in particular hotride. The beats and electronics are what you expect to get from Liam, he is and always will be amazing at what he does.

You kids that havent should read 'voodoo people' its pretty safe. The dirtchamber sessions were brilliant, cut and paste beauty. Just put more of Maxim and Keith on the next record.

Now, the real question is: Has liam howlett made Twista good? no not really but i make an exception for this track as he sounds aight on it and isnt talking grade A pish for a change. But i feel if Liam wanted someone that "rapped" in the same sort of style a track with Busta Rhymes would have been FAR better, since he is unique and Twista..well..is shite really with nothing to say.