aberdeen-music

Guitarist with gig experience available

jobsonandrew

Hi, I'm a guitarist of about 13 years with a bit of experience gigging in the Sunderland/Newcastle area, playing in a pub/club band doing stuff like Bon Jovi, Queen, Whitesnake, Bryan Adams etc etc

Looking to get into a band playing melodic/interesting rock/prog rock that could still appeal to the crowds in pubs and the like. My main influences are Rush, Yes, Dream Theater, Genesis and anything classic rock-like.. Kansas, BOC, Wishbone Ash etc

A twin lead guitar line-up would be awesome ;) anyone interested?

there isn't enough live music in pubs in Aberdeen! Whats wrong here! :p

I like the way you estimated your age. Were you discovered in a handbag on someone's doorstep or something?

I'm pretty sure he was estimating his years of experience, not his age! o_O

Don't think there would be many 13 year old guitarists with plenty gigging experience! I may be wrong but....

Aberdeen & surrounding area used to be a haven for live music in pubs, & nightclubs.

Through the 70's, 80's & 90's, I regularly had between 3 - 6 gigs in a week.

The problem now seems to be "Greedy" Brewing companies,

(Bellhaven & Punch for example), buying most of the privately owned pubs, & giving them a "Corporate" theme.

Some of the managers try occasionally try putting on a band, by sticking them in a corner, where tables usually are, & then cancel any future gigs you negotiate at that time, as the "Area" manager say's they cant spend money on a Band. Duh!

Good luck on your quest!