aberdeen-music

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb combo

Justin

The skint thing is what holds me back. I'm wanting another amp for "the marshall" sound and these have it nailed. A lot warmer than the 2000's which sound stupidly weak andthin in my opinion, but i've not got much to base that on.

People don't seem to be able to EQ 2000's properly. The default EQ on them is a bit weird for some reason, but folk still crank the treble anyway. When the treble is past 12 o'clock, then it starts to sound fizzy.

One thing they did improve on the 2000 is the clean tone, which is mint.

The skint thing is what holds me back. I'm wanting another amp for "the marshall" sound and these have it nailed. A lot warmer than the 2000's which sound stupidly weak andthin in my opinion, but i've not got much to base that on.

yeah as the above comment said, the eq's are a little weird on the 2000's. it took me ages to get my head around why i wasn't getting the right sound from mine - ended up blaming my guitar/pedals/picks/strings/haircut for why it wasn't quite right. i've got my middle and bass boosted much higher than i usually would on an amp to compensate for them being unusually low when everything is set to 12. once you've got it sorted though, they're the best series of marshall by a long shot IMO.

• 2 weeks later...