aberdeen-music

Akinator!!!

Soda Jerk

Akinator, the Web Genius

Think of a person, fictional or otherwise. Answer basic questions about him or her, and this clever little cunt will guess it. It's awesome.

I started off basic at first, as it guessed Tobias Funke, Boomhaur from King of the Hill and Carlos Tevez. So I tried to really test it, but it still managed to guess Ian Mackaye and Darren fucking Mackie. He doesn't miss a trick.

Whatever any says i think this is pretty impressive. It got Robert Louis Stevenson after about 10 questions and although it took until his second guess he got Lou Reed.

And Henrik Larsson from the facts that it's a soccer player who played at world cup 2006 and isn't Russian or Ukrainian!

Edit: And Klaus Kinski in less than ten questions!! I love this thing!

It successfully got Major Richard Winters of Easy Co. 101st Airborne Battallion (real life character from Band of Brothers)

That's pretty impressive, I think because it doesn't make it obvious that it's going in the right direction before making a guess, e.g. in the above example, there were no obvious questions like, 'is he from a mini-series?', or 'is he a soldier?'. It was all just general questions, like is he American? Does he have black hair? Then bam - photo of the real guy.

Cool.

I've beaten it with Ryu Murakami, Nguyen Trai, Allan Holdsworth and Hun Sen. With Murakami it got hung up on him being a drummer, I couldn't give it enough straight yes or nos with Allan Holdsworth, Nguyen Trai is probably too obscure for English speakers. Hun Sen was pretty fair though, it guessed Kim Jong Il, then Karzai, then Pol Pot.

I agree the amazing thing is how it can guess answers with information that just seems far too general. The only time I was sure it was going to guess right was Omar Little. Can't be that many gun totting fictional criminals who like men.