aberdeen-music

Final Fudge Birthday Gig Last Night

Chris

Last night's fudge gig was superb fun.

Late additions to the bill My Minds Weapon were first up and I enjoyed there set more in the close confines of drakes than the first time I saw them in Moshulu.

Small Enclosed Area were fucking ace. I really have no idea why it's been so long since I've seen them. Must try harder on my part I suppose.

Didn't really know what to expect from Broken Oath. But I didn't really expect the tiny girl that had been floating about to saunter up to the stage, pick up the microphone and then scream for scotland. They were awesome. Definitely going to look out for their return.

oh yus! it was ace. it a shame radio lucifer didn't play - i think i'm destined not to see them.

i really enjoyed broken oath, just as much if not more than the last few time i've seen them.

and small enclosed area were pretty damn ace too.

don't worry chris, broken oath are always around - you'll see them again!

Guest Nikola Tesla

I really wanted to see radio lucifer too, and to be honest MMW bore me to tears.

Small enclosed areas were pretty good, i just wasnt in the mood for that kind of music, and i kinda think they'd be better on cd.

Broken Oath were fucking amazing, just like every other time ive seen them play.

yeah i was hoping to catch radio lucifer as well, but chuffed that weapon played instead

small enclosed area were ace, gotta say, first time i'd seen them, well impressed

broken oath were really not my kinda thing but thought the guitars were pretty cushti sounding at times!! :up:

Took a while to find something for feedback on last nights gig.

Righto, mmw. Em... well... I can't think of a better way to put it other than they bored the living shit out of me. The only thing I liked about their set was the tightness of the music. Asides that though, most of what i could be bothered listening to sounded like songs that were heavily "inspired" by a lot of other bands. I really don't understand why there is such a following for them at all.

Small Enclosed area were pretty cool. Don't really have much else to say on them though, which is kinda unfortunate, but hell. Yeah, they were cool.

And as for Broken Oath. Well, what can I say but Fuck! I've been hearing hype about this band since the Converge gig they supported in, and I have to say I agree with all of it. Not only did they have a great sound, but it was also basically as it was on record. Seriously enjoyed every minute of them, to the point that I'm still aching from my response. Oh, and they did serve a bit of humour in my opinion too, with Lee forgetting mmw's name.

Unfortunately, even though Broken Oath were fucking awesome, and Small Enclosed Area were a cool listen, the music between bands, and the mmw performance was a complete let down in my opinion. I'm also quite dispointed at not getting to see Radio Lucifer, but thats the way things go.

Beginning to wish I had stayed for Valhella too, as I've yet to stay for one. Never mind.

Anyways, can't wait to see Broken Oath play here again :up: