aberdeen-music

Hold your Horse is + Shoes and Socks off@ Cellar 35 12th September

Hold Your Horse isHold Your Horse Is are a three piece from Frimley/London/Brighton who take a heavy influence from 90's American Indie and 00's British Post-Hardcore. Their unusual name is taken from the title of a seminal album by 2 piece Californian noise merchants Hella; whom they don't sound much like.

Since completing their line up in 2008, they have been played on Radio 1 by Steve Lamacq and Huw Stephens, had numerous plays on 6Music and XFM by Tom Robinson and John Kennedy respectively and have featured on compilations for indie labels such as Big Scary Monsters and Stressed Sumo Records. As well as picking up ex-Reuben bassist Jon Pearce as manager, self releasing 2 EPs and playing over 80 shows all over the UK, sharing stages with a huge variety of bands such as Micachu & The Shapes, Baddies, To The Bones, Tubelord, Blakfish, Brontide, Copy Haho, Dive Dive, Chickenhawk and the Outcry Collective.

Hold Your Horse Is on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Shoes and Socks OffLo-Fi solo project of ex Meet Me in St Louis front-man and former bassist from Shield Your Eyes Toby Hayes.

shoes and socks off on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

+ Local support to be announced

@ Cellar 35, Rosemount Viaduct

Sunday 12th September

7:30

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I generally don't like folk with 3 letter names. Usually toffs, especially when their called Tim and Sam. That's why I'm Iain and not Ian. i might try and make it along to this but I might be away on academic business. Cellar 35 is ace.

Cheers pal.

I really like some of Toby's stuff, but some of it I don't like as much. Either way, probably the most charming man alive.

HYHI are pretty cool. I'm digging it.