aberdeen-music

Tennis

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Where's good to play tennis in Aberdeen?

I've been thinking about having a go at tennis for years, and I'm seriously going to try and get into it. I'm 28, so probably too late to challenge for the Wimbledon title, but I used to be handy enough with a racket when I was about 10 down at the park, so I might get a wild card into Wimbledon 2012 if I start practising now...

And what about buying a racket? I sold a racket I had since I was a kid at a car boot sale... probably for about a pound. I looked at rackets in Thistle Sports today and the cheapest one was 70. Fucking hell. I was thinking it would be about 20!

Guest Gladstone
I'm a member at David Lloyds - courts are brilliant but will cost you. But you're a wealthy young man calum so you'll be ok ;)

If you join David Lloyds gym, do you get access to the courts included in your membership? And can you take a guest onto the court with you?

I'm a member at Nuffied (ex-Cannons), and folk at my work have been trying to get me to go to David Lloyds, but it's far more expensive. Tennis Courts may help, but I'm not sure how often I'll be using them!

If you join David Lloyds gym, do you get access to the courts included in your membership? And can you take a guest onto the court with you?

I'm a member at Nuffied (ex-Cannons), and folk at my work have been trying to get me to go to David Lloyds, but it's far more expensive. Tennis Courts may help, but I'm not sure how often I'll be using them!

na its even more to join with a racquet membership....

To be honest i dont advise it.