aberdeen-music

Ampeg B5R rackmount head

Monk Rocker

I use to have this head. Had a nice deep thumpy sound to it. The overdrive channel is pretty ropey though. I hoped it would have added a bit of grit to my tone but instead it was thin and fuzzy.

I didn't own it for very long and didn't use it that much but had no problems with it when I did use it. I only sold it as I needed the cash and the only reason I didn't use it very often was because it didn't fit in my flightcase.

My bass player had the B2RE, same idea in principle. It was a good amp. Did the job well. Sold it to a mate and it works well still. I think you can't go wrong with Ampeg. If you scour the market, you'll find an SVT 3Pro at a good price though.

My bass player got his SVT 4Pro for 599... it was ex display.

I recently bought a used one. Worked fine at practise for about a month, then after soundcheck at the first gig I used it at it trips the venue circuit breakers. Seems it's blowing fuses in the power lead (5amp), but not tripping the circuit breaker on the amp (4amps).

I always turn the volume to zero and mute it before powering up or turning off. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. Having to make a trip from Inverness to Aberdeen to take it back to R&B tomorrow:-(

My bass player had the B2RE, same idea in principle. It was a good amp. Did the job well. Sold it to a mate and it works well still. I think you can't go wrong with Ampeg. If you scour the market, you'll find an SVT 3Pro at a good price though.

My bass player got his SVT 4Pro for 599... it was ex display.

Dinner was wearing an Astronot T-shirt!!!!