aberdeen-music

wanting boss me-50

EnkaiScreamer

if he wants one he wants one end of. he has had one before and liked it so wants to buy another one, i dont think he cares about people saying "dont get one" just leave him and if you have something to sell, sell it, otherwise, move on.

so why do you end up selling shite gear on here then? because you didn't take everybody's advice, as you are now advising this guy to do? we're just making the point that he will be wasting his money, at least in my case from personal experience.

That's a bit subjective. It might be shite to you, but okay to others. For example, I've had two Fender Twins over the years and sold both because I didn't really like the sound. However, having said that, I'm now thinking of buying......yet another Fender Twin. That's the thing is it? We get/earn our money, and spend it on what we want and even sometimes what we think others want. I think I've wasted more money on gear that I thought would be cool to have and that others around me would go "wow!" I now buy what I want whether it's "cool" or not.

One of my favourite guitars is my Gibson Melodymaker. A guitar that none of you other North East music forum lovers had the foresight to buy when Millers dropped it to under 300quid. It's the cheapest "named" guitar I have in my collection by a country mile.

I would also like to say this. The "shite" of today stands every chance of becoming the collectable classic of tomorrow. All it needs is a famous player to start using a piece of equipment, and whether it's deemed to have been good or shite in the past, it will now become the coolest thing to own. I'm sure if one of the posters on this thread is correct, then at least a few KOL bass playing fan will have ran out and bought his very own ME-50.

Of course this is just my opinion based on my own experiance of owning and playing guitars for over 30 years. I dread to think the ammount of gear that has passed through my grubby mitts over the years. Some good, some bad and some great, but I've never truely found any "shite" stuff, only stuff that other people don't like for one reason or another.

Early morning rant over! Thank you.

That's a bit subjective. It might be shite to you, but okay to others. For example, I've had two Fender Twins over the years and sold both because I didn't really like the sound. However, having said that, I'm now thinking of buying......yet another Fender Twin. That's the thing is it? We get/earn our money, and spend it on what we want and even sometimes what we think others want. I think I've wasted more money on gear that I thought would be cool to have and that others around me would go "wow!" I now buy what I want whether it's "cool" or not.

One of my favourite guitars is my Gibson Melodymaker. A guitar that none of you other North East music forum lover had the foresight to buy when Millers dropped it to under 300quid. It's the cheapest "named" guitar I have in my collection by a country mile.

I would also like to say this. The "shite" of today stands every chance of becoming the collectable classic of tomorrow. All it needs is a famous player to start using a piece of equipment, and whether it's deemed to have been good or shite in the past, it will now become the coolest thing to own. Of course this is just my opinion based on my own experiance of owning and playing guitars for over 30 years. I dread to think the ammount of gear that has passed through my grubby mitts over the years. Some good, some bad and some great, but I've never truely found any "shite" stuff, only stuff that other people don't like for one reason or another.

Early morning rant over! Thank you.

i couldn't agree with you more there. you're absolutely right about the pedal being down to personal opinion. however, by 'shite', i was referring to items which i can only imagine have been bought without any sort of foresight, and in this situation i know for certain that the postee of this thread will have rushed into a decision to blindly buy the pedal without actually taking the time to think: 'do i really need this?'

as an answer, i can make an informed guess of no to that question. as a result of a frankly embarassing youtube video i had the misfortune of experiencing a few months ago, i know that he is currently running a line6 multi-fx through a spider 75 watt head. these both have the capability to do almost exactly the same as the pedal that this thread is concerning. i would also make a guess that said user hasn't actually used the pedal for himself, as he would have realised that it essentially gives him yet another set of tones which he will tire of trying to make sound 'good' after another few months and realise that it is another 100 wasted. when i saw his thread on advice on tube amps i thought he had realised that purcheses such as the pedal concerned were not what he needed - but seemingly not.

i've thrown away so much money myself on sub-standard gear, and it really gets on my nerves to have some fucking moron 15 year old - who i know has had a 6505 and orange 4x12 bought for him - criticising those who actually work and have made the mistakes for themselves advising a fellow user on an item he is potentially going to purchase.

david, get the fuck off your high horse, 'otherwise, move on', if you will.

slightly later early morning rant over!

i couldn't agree with you more there. you're absolutely right about the pedal being down to personal opinion. however, by 'shite', i was referring to items which i can only imagine have been bought without any sort of foresight, and in this situation i know for certain that the postee of this thread will have rushed into a decision to blindly buy the pedal without actually taking the time to think: 'do i really need this?'

as an answer, i can make an informed guess of no to that question. as a result of a frankly embarassing youtube video i had the misfortune of experiencing a few months ago, i know that he is currently running a line6 multi-fx through a spider 75 watt head. these both have the capability to do almost exactly the same as the pedal that this thread is concerning. i would also make a guess that said user hasn't actually used the pedal for himself, as he would have realised that it essentially gives him yet another set of tones which he will tire of trying to make sound 'good' after another few months and realise that it is another 100 wasted. when i saw his thread on advice on tube amps i thought he had realised that purcheses such as the pedal concerned were not what he needed - but seemingly not.

i've thrown away so much money myself on sub-standard gear, and it really gets on my nerves to have some fucking moron 15 year old - who i know has had a 6505 and orange 4x12 bought for him - criticising those who actually work and have made the mistakes for themselves advising a fellow user on an item he is potentially going to purchase.

david, get the fuck off your high horse, 'otherwise, move on', if you will.

slightly later early morning rant over!

Okay, yeah fair enough. I can appreciate the fact that you're trying to give Robbie some good advice. However, instead of just saying "no" or whatever, what about giving him some ideas on what to get instead with his budget?

Another point, is that my post a few posts above wasn't me. It was actually Robbie himself as I'm at his right now and he couldn't be bothered signing on to his. So to be honest, I didn't really want to get involved in this, as I can see where everyone is coming from.

Also, I didn't get anything bought for me, I bought everything myself, had the money and didn't see the use in getting equipment I'd later regret. Just to clear that up.

But anyways, any advice on what Robbie could get then?

If that's what you want to buy again then that's fair enough if it does what you require. Just curious as to which aspects of it you plan to use (I can't imagine you use all it offers :p )?

For example, the KOL bassist apparently uses one for the octave effect... I'd use a Boss OC-3 personally as that is what the ME-50s octave setting sounds like but with less adjustable parameters. Illogical going for the ME-50 if only using one effect like that.

Let me know what you'll use and I'll try help :)

right so back to my point. . . . Anyone got one? Im looking for a pedal not a rant.

I've got a Digitech RP something or other. A massive thing with loads of button things on it that do loads of things. It makes nice noises, but also some not so nice noises. It has the box and everything (you can keep this if you think you might end up selling in the future:))

I think it's like this one. I was looking for around 50 quid

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/2252481_7531133_mywrite/rp-12.jpg

I didn't get anything bought for me, I bought everything myself

i know for a fact this is not true.

but yeah, like hateevent said, the chances are that half the stuff on the pedal will be almost exactly the same as those on the line6 pedal and head. i'd advise thinking about what effects are really needed, and which effects are unneccesary. chances are you could pick up a couple of standalone boss pedals for cheaper than 100, which would actually sound better than the ones integrated into the multi-fx.

yes i might have a look at that rp :) i like having a few fx to piss around with. And to a new found glory, each to their own, i sold that line 6 pedal about half a year ago due to not actually needing it. I like my set up so i dont need someone else telling me what i do and dont need. I like pedals as im sure many people on here would agree. I just want a pedal with a decent whammy effect but also overdrives distortions and other effects.