aberdeen-music

Best way to get to Ardoe House Hotel

Yeah, basically impossible to get there via public transport, other than by getting a bus to bridge of dee and then walking for miles along a busy road with no pavement.

I think they have a bus that picks up staff from Leggart Terrace but as you are not yet staff I guess you are screwed on that front.

I don't have a bike and and I'm not the most athletic. I stay in Kincorth so I'm at the point that I can't go any further in bussing it. Most likely option in getting there is a taxi and I'm absolutely skint... Beginning to wonder if its worth it. Thanks anyway guys.

According to Google maps it's just under 3 miles. I guess a taxi for that distance wouldn't be much, all depends on whether you get the job or not. And you need to ask them if they have any way of getting you there if you do indeed get the job.

Could a friend give you a lift?

I don't have a bike and and I'm not the most athletic. I stay in Kincorth so I'm at the point that I can't go any further in bussing it. Most likely option in getting there is a taxi and I'm absolutely skint... Beginning to wonder if its worth it. Thanks anyway guys.

It's not really on to cancel a job interview because you couldn't find a way of getting there... Can you borrow money for a taxi or scrounge a lift from someone? If you have no other option available then you could just give yourself a couple of hours and walk it. 3 miles is not that far really once you get going. Wear trainers for the walk, but take 'interview shoes' with you and make a bit of a show of it by taking your trainers in with you. Apologise saying "sorry about this but I was so keen on this job I had to walk three miles to get here"...Making a bit of effort to get there would certainly show your prospective employers that you're eager and can use initiative. Guaranteed to get the job.

Most hotels are pretty good at transport for staff so you'll probably be fine once you get the job.

Guest idol_wild
True, but no pavement and cars going in excess of 80mph.

From Kincorth, there are several back roads cutting through, eventually leading to South Deeside Road. These roads are very quiet and also pretty scenic.

I can't imagine the walk taking any more than an hour.

From Kincorth, there are several back roads cutting through, eventually leading to South Deeside Road. These roads are very quiet and also pretty scenic.

If you use rocket powered lollerskates.:laughing:

Alternatively if you had access to some sort of powerboat you could take a lovely trip up the Dee.

Hog asked me to meet him in a secluded spot in the car park at Ardoe just a few weeks ago and I can confirm that he drove there himself.

After he was done with me he went off to take pictures of schoolgirls. o_O

That is actually true...:laughing:

You even paid me for the honour!