aberdeen-music

get a grip

Aileen

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Blastcap

MAN OH MAN! you guys go to the wrong venues! the bud bar is so much cooler than moshulu dude, better booze, better music and none of those stinky goth bastards or emo-turd burglars..................

emo-turd burglars? thats a new one.....everyones the same, we're all human beings. shouldn't label others - unless you want to be labelled yourself....

i know a lot of people who are into Electronica,( i like a bit of Christian Fennesz or KID A-era Radiohead myself)....generally these people feel there is no need for Rock music of any form, as theres nothing new or exciting about new bands.

in many terms this is true. Black Atom's music is nothing really startlingly original (i could be proven wrong with the new EP, if all i've read is true!). i appreciate the talent, and the effort they put into songs. i've never spoke to any of Atom before in my life, i genuinely like their music. im an example of someone who ISNT pals with all the band and ISNT someone who does matey backslapping. i buy EP's etc because i've seen the artist live and i like the music. granted, i'll say Atom are miles better live than on the Out of Exile CD (then again, most bands are better live than on record).....retreading old ground they may be - they enjoy what they're doing and thats what matters.

if you don't enjoy their music - thats your opinion, cant take it away from you. same as they dont necessarily enjoy yours. we dont see them starting posts about "electronica is shit" and proceed to go to town over it. lifes there to be lived - less of the arguing rather silly points, and just get on with it all. if you don't like aberdeen - big deal, neither do i really. but its a place to live....i prefer to get on with it, moaning about it won't make it better, ie "life is what you make of it"......

But destroying people's property is okay according to you. That's what I call *fool* of yourself.

Bob

You seem to have fallen into my trap, i only made that statement about your computer as you thought that internet hacking was a "joke". I didnt in any sense claim that this was a good or bad thing. I merely stated the facts on what could happen.......

Have to say that in listening to both stripey's and point of origin's respective music, point of origin wins hands down by a long, long way. This opinion is shared by every single person I've asked to listen (in the interests of total fairness, in case my own opinion was skewed by stripey being a cock).

Have to say that in listening to both stripey's and point of origin's respective music' date=' point of origin wins hands down by a long, long way. This opinion is shared by every single person I've asked to listen (in the interests of total fairness, in case my own opinion was skewed by stripey being a cock).[/quote']

Just out of curiosity, you say PoO 'win hands down', in what respect? Just liking there music? originality? on a count of songs containing rude words? sorry, not having a go at you or either artist, just curious in a slightly less vauge manner what you mean.

Have to say that in listening to both stripey's and point of origin's respective music' date=' point of origin wins hands down by a long, long way. This opinion is shared by every single person I've asked to listen (in the interests of total fairness, in case my own opinion was skewed by stripey being a cock).[/quote']

Youre singling out one person due to the fact that he has a different opinion that upsets the flock, make you feel big? Fuck sake another user and his pals who thinks its "good" to belittle one individual, real petty stuff.

What ever happened to individualility????

I guess that makes you and your mates opinionated bullies who like to dehumanise someone "different"

Why cant people accept others opinions and be done with it. it wont change a damm thing.

Dont you know the meaning of respect????

Being honest on this board gets people know where

We can take critisism of the scene if its constructive and helpful. But as Bob said it turned into critisism of our band and not the music scene. Why because of the kind of music we write should we be not as entitled to our opinions as anyone else? Are we not musicions because we make pop punk music? We put in a hell of a lot effort and time into what we do but because some people dont like the music we write they think they can talk down to us as artists.

I agree critisism is needed if the music scene is going to go anywhere but surely it should be done in a way that can help the bands and the venues.

Milner

Guest Stripey
We can take critisism of the scene if its constructive and helpful. But as Bob said it turned into critisism of our band and not the music scene. Why because of the kind of music we write should we be not as entitled to our opinions as anyone else? Are we not musicions because we make pop punk music? We put in a hell of a lot effort and time into what we do but because some people dont like the music we write they think they can talk down to us as artists.

I agree critisism is needed if the music scene is going to go anywhere but surely it should be done in a way that can help the bands and the venues.

Milner

You might be musicians, in the sense that you can sing and play instruments, but you certainly aren't artists. I equate you with the kind of people who audition for Pop Idol.

You might be musicians' date=' in the sense that you can sing and play instruments, but you certainly aren't artists. I equate you with the kind of people who audition for Pop Idol.[/quote']

I guess you could say that they are part of the "mainstream" culture.

Guest Stripey
And why are we not??

You aren't creating art, you're creating a product. Given the tools to make music, you choose to use them to try and create a carbon copy of the dullest, most meaningless pop crap because you have no real creativity of your own.

You aren't creating art' date=' you're creating a product. Given the tools to make music, you choose to use them to try and create a carbon copy of the dullest, most meaningless pop crap because you have no real creativity of your own.[/quote']

now if you were to give a decent reason for why you believe point arent fit to be classed as "proper musicians" you may get a half decent reply outta me. since you didnt you are gettin this.

Fuck%20you%20too.jpg

Guest Stripey
But thats your taste.

We write our own songs' date=' we play them how we feel they should be not how blink 182 or anyone else like that does. so what if what we love doing happens to be pop punk, doesn't give somebody like you the right to come and say we're not artists.[/quote']

You aren't artists, and you are deluding yourselves if you think otherwise. You're no different than the bitches who can't sing that audition for pop idol and think they are the shit.

Yes i guess so as youre sound really does nothing for me. What exactly is new in your sound that hasnt been done before?

So because you don't like us that means we have no talent? Hmm....

Its that kind of attitude that is the problem. People hear something they don't like or dont normaly listen to and because of that they slag it off and call it shit. they dont bother to even see if the band or dj or whatever is any good cause its not up to their taste. Thats pathetic really.

I dont care if you like our music or not but try to appreciate the fact that we put a lot into our sound whether you think so or not.

You aren't creating art' date=' you're creating a product. Given the tools to make music, you choose to use them to try and create a carbon copy of the dullest, most meaningless pop crap because you have no real creativity of your own.[/quote']

could you just explain for me but just for me cos i'm thick what is an artist?

just describe what an artist is just for me...

enyway... i listen to alot of stuff. i listend to your mp3s cool stuff i liked it, nothing original in there but i liked it i consider myself an artist just because i tacke my ideas and put them in to music thats what is artist for me you dont like it tough. i dont like paintings i cant understand, music i cant understand it eithe i just like it or not if it moves me relaxes me or intigues me i listen to it if it bores me i dont. its very simple

and thats goes for everybody emo is not my thing but i appriciate the effort in it its simple music but it could have some interest...

oh well thats the end of my runt

Guest Stripey
could you just explain for me but just for me cos i'm thick what is an artist?

just describe what an artist is just for me...

enyway... i listen to alot of stuff. i listend to your mp3s cool stuff i liked it' date=' nothing original in there but i liked it i consider myself an artist just because i tacke my ideas and put them in to music thats what is artist for me you dont like it tough. i dont like paintings i cant understand, music i cant understand it eithe i just like it or not if it moves me relaxes me or intigues me i listen to it if it bores me i dont. its very simple

and thats goes for everybody emo is not my thing but i appriciate the effort in it its simple music but it could have some interest...

oh well thats the end of my runt[/quote']

Art is about doing something meaningful and expressive. In art terms, point of origin are like a 5 year old primary schoolkids crayon drawing.

Art is about doing something meaningful and expressive. In art terms' date=' point of origin are like a 5 year old primary schoolkids crayon drawing.[/quote']

i wasnt talking about POO mine was general curiosity in a more general way

and you still havent answered my qwestion meaningfull and expressive can mean anything at all i can record my own fart and sellit its meaningfull if i call it liberatione and is expressive because i exspressed myself but not necessarely is art isnt it?

could you just elaborate on your point?

Guest Mr Blastcap

a question

if i download stipeys mp3's and like them, will i still be able to think hes a cock? i mean the bob from poo is really funny on here but i dont care for his band at all! lordy! lordy!......

honestly, i think i wont bother he probably makes that "clever techno" music that everyone pretents to like but cant stand the elitist shit.

also, i'd like to add i think its great that ibid also choose the mainstream and witless term " cock" for stipey, there's a certain magic there!........................