aberdeen-music

get a grip

Aileen

Metaphorically Speaking of course' date=' bands such as 10 Easy Wishes, Quik and The x-Certs are basically just chord cover bands if you catch my drift. All the bands that have forums here are geared mainly towzrds entertaining the younger generations![/quote']

Another amusing post which is wrong on so many levels. Perhaps a younger audience could teach you a thing or two about opening up your ears or indeed your horizons.

I think the bands are terrible' date=' notice how I said "I think they are terrible"[/quote']

Yes I did. That's what's so hilarious about it. I remember what you said very well because it's written on the page.

I never intentionally go to watch bands play because' date=' quite frankly I think they are terrible.[/quote']

See...? It's hilarious since most music is created by musicians in bands. You're not as funny as shitey but you're getting there.

Bob

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these forums are such a joke bob then why participate in them?

Havent you got anything better to do?

To answer your first question, because everyone enjoys a joke. To answer your second, not right now, no. I barely participate in these forums because it's just not worth the bother unless I'm extremely bored.

Bob

Nothing online can be taken seriously with the threat of hackers' date=' International news websites are being defaced monthly. Forums are always a circus, some people have radically different views. In a circus trainers, performers, animals and crowds have radically different interaction.[/quote']

P.S. What a lot of pish

Bob

Guest Stripey
I think the bands are terrible' date=' notice how I said "I think they are terrible" are you trying to refute my opinions? On the other hand if I had have said "everyone thinks the bands are terrible" maybe your reply would have been at best half decently suited!

Nothing online can be taken seriously with the threat of hackers, International news websites are being defaced monthly. Forums are always a circus, some people have radically different views. In a circus trainers, performers, animals and crowds have radically different interaction.[/quote']

I'm not a wind up merchant. Like you've said here, I'm just someone with radically different views, which is normal for the internet. I find the groupthink that people on this forum and in aberdeen in general suffer from hilarious. If people aren't prepared for diversity of opinion then they just shouldn't bother going on the internet.

"arrr, this is a local forum for local people, we'll have no trouble here!"

Sidenote: As for point of origin, coming on here and saying shit like "were writing new songs and they fucking rule and we're fucking ace!" that just makes me laugh. It's for other people to decide if you're any good, you can't just declare yourself brilliant. Comments like that are just asking for someone to have a dig at you anyway.I don't like their music, I don't like *them*, and for being honest about it all I get is a stream of childish insults and name-calling.

Another amusing post which is wrong on so many levels. Perhaps a younger audience could teach you a thing or two about opening up your ears or indeed your horizons.

Yes I did. That's what's so hilarious about it. I remember what you said very well because it's written on the page.

See...? It's hilarious since most music is created by musicians in bands. You're not as funny as shitey but you're getting there.

Bob

1.I have already opened my ears, i don't need to do it again, I can safely say that I dislike the local bands and can think of better things to do with my time.

2.Why did you phrase the reply as a question then? Thats not very clever is it?

3.I wouldn't know if most music is created by bands but I do know that a lot of it is created by people who don't play instruments during the creation of their music. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm bordering on seriousness and lightheartedness. You seem rather immature, could this fact point towards the reason that you are supporting childrens bands on a message board?

Have you got a firewall' date=' network intrusion system or antivirus software?........[/quote']

Never mind user he will learn the hard way, perhaps he would change his mind if someone sent him a worm virus that corrupted all his exe files or maybe if someone hacked his bios and set a worm into his boot sector :)

Have you got a firewall' date=' network intrusion system or antivirus software?........[/quote']

No, hackers are currently using this account. Oh shit!

1.I have already opened my ears' date=' i don't need to do it again, I can safely say that I dislike the local bands and can think of better things to do with my time.

2.Why did you phrase the reply as a question then? Thats not very clever is it?

3.I wouldn't know if most music is created by bands but I do know that a lot of it is created by people who don't play instruments during the creation of their music. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm bordering on seriousness and lightheartedness. You seem rather immature, could this fact point towards the reason that you are supporting childrens bands on a message board?[/quote']

1. You just said bands, not local bands. But now you've clarified yourself, it's still a stupid statement.

2. No, it's not?

3. Well, shitey plays with his ding dong while creating his music so I suppose you're right. I don't think they're kids bands and I don't think you know what you're talking about. And who are you 'supporting' exactly?

Bob

I'm not a wind up merchant.

I agree. You're more of an obnoxious little shit-stirrer with zero social skills.

As for point of origin' date=' coming on here and saying shit like "were writing new songs and they fucking rule and we're fucking ace!" that just makes me laugh.[/quote']

But we're ace and our tongue-in-cheek humour flies over the stupid people's heads. Oh dear, we caught shitey out again!

It's for other people to decide if you're any good' date=' you can't just declare yourself brilliant.[/quote']

We're brilliant... so you're wrong again shitey.

Comments like that are just asking for someone to have a dig at you anyway.

You think? I wonder who would have a dig at us for saying that?

I don't like their music' date=' I don't like *them*, and for being honest about it all I get is a stream of childish insults and name-calling[/quote']

We don't like you, you're a twat. That's why you're getting childish insults and name calling.

Bob

Never mind user he will learn the hard way' date=' perhaps he would change his mind if someone sent him a worm virus that corrupted all his exe files or maybe if someone hacked his bios and set a worm into his boot sector :)[/quote']

My hero! That's the computer geek equivalent of a ned saying "Aye min, if i seez u in toon im gonna knock yer face off!"

You've really gone up in my estimations now.

Bob

No' date=' hackers are currently using this account. Oh shit!

1. You just said bands, not local bands. But now you've clarified yourself, it's still a stupid statement.

2. No, it's not?

3. Well, shitey plays with his ding dong while creating his music so I suppose you're right. I don't think they're kids bands and I don't think you know what you're talking about. And who are you 'supporting' exactly?

Bob[/quote']

1.You mean you can't understand it?

3.I support band that I like by buying their albums, suggesting that people listen to them, going to see them live and sometimes donating money or equipment. Bands such as Status Quo who are still touring and Rammstein whose music I can just bear but whose stage shows I enjoy immensely, they are always good to watch for a laugh.

1.You mean you can't understand it?

3.I support band that I like by buying their albums' date=' suggesting that people listen to them, going to see them live and sometimes donating money or equipment. Bands such as Status Quo who are still touring and Rammstein whose music I can just bear but whose stage shows I enjoy immensely, they are always good to watch for a laugh.[/quote']

You donate money and equipment to Status Quo and Rammstein? It makes you wonder how would they get by without generous patrons like you.

Bob

You donate money and equipment to Status Quo and Rammstein? It makes you wonder how would they get by without generous patrons like you.

Bob

Yes, of course I do!

you guys are fucking pathetic, not one of you is man enough just to leave it. All about the music my fucking arse, all about the winding up each other and constantly trying to get the last word in an argument which is so petty it makes me want to garotte the lot of you.

The Wasteland is here for such pettyness, sorry you had to kill such an intresting thread.

you guys are fucking pathetic' date=' not one of you is man enough just to leave it. All about the music my fucking arse, all about the winding up each other and constantly trying to get the last word in an argument which is so petty it makes me want to garotte the lot of you.

The Wasteland is here for such pettyness, sorry you had to kill such an intresting thread.[/quote']

How long have you been on this scene (or pissclub, creche group, etc) Rass? When was the last time any thread on aberdeen-music.com wasn't destroyed by pettyness and in-fighting? The whole culture of these boards has nothing to do with helping anyone in this city one bit. The minute you try to do anything constructive it's buried under pissing and moaning and irrelevancies. People fly off at tangents or wade in with size 12 boots ready to trample any seedling idea before it's had a chance to see daylight. Man, it's all just a load of shite, a tale of sound and fury told by an idiot signifying nothing.

Give up caring.

Bob

P.S. I'm not wound up in the slightest.

Dont talk down to me, and don't expect another 3 pages of petty bitching like you did with user and stripey, it doesnt get anywhere and im not intrested.

Its attitudes like yours that means these boards will never achieve anything more than a self promotion page for 'who's gig is tomorrow' or 'look at my new release' there is the potential for alot more of this site, but if all you can say is 'give up caring' it shows your not here for anything other than some twisted ego-trip by trying to fuck people off. I think the last few months up here have been very good, perhaps nothing physically productive has been done but there has been alot of intresting open conversations, sharing ideas and the like, which is all the healthier for that thing you refer to as 'the scene'. I do care, unashamedly, it's attitudes like yours that will hinder anything good ever happening in Aberdeen, but needless to say if it was to, you'd tag along like a nervous sheep, your ego wouldnt let it be any other way.

There are good people like Neil and the AUBL who over the years have done alot of hard work for bands in aberdeen and alot of other people within these boards who have alot of experience to share or or ideas to contribute, if they had your shitty attitude, half the bands (yours and mine included) wouldnt be here today, show a bit of fucking respect.

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

Typical. 12 pages of the truth hurting.

Bravo to Stripey for bringing that hurtful painful truth to so many pretenders, wannabes and never gonna-happens in this tragic little fishing village music scene thats always so drastically disappearing up its own fundament.

Its like this - there's a distinct lack of quality in a lot of the music here, which is what Stripey was getting at before some of you fucking douchebags starting swinging your handbags and stamping your stilettos about.

There's so many bands here content to jumping on the bandwagons the likes of NME and Kerrang start up so they don't have to work hard to getting people to come to their gigs and like their music but the problem with this is that too many bands are looking at the fashionable bands that are the "in thing" at the moment and trying to replicate their style and with that, you get a clutch of bands who are playing similar types of music and thus musical saturation brings musical stagnation in such a scene as this, people start to get tired with hearing the same or similar type of shit all the time and thus don't go to gigs so much because they know what to expect from these bands

I think what Stripey was getting at was that bands here aren't giving people many reasons to be excited about what they do because they're just copying off other bands that are around and i agree with him that what a lot of bands are doing couldn't be classed as an "artform" because art is creating something thats unique and original, something that stands out on its own merit, and i can't think of many bands apart from a mere few here who do that.

In saying that, i understand that a lot of bands just like getting up onstage and doing their thing and merely make music because they enjoy it and aren't interested in being innovative or artistic, thats fair enough, however i think there's too many cases of people on here starting up bands just so they can be part of the scene and be local celebs and not giving a shit about how shit their music sounds onstage.

Its too easy for bands to get gigs now regardless of how awful their music can potentially be and thus the overall quality in music has dwindled a lot over the years although for a band starting out, its understandable that doing a gig is a learning experience for them but i think a lot of bands need to go develop their own sound a lot before taking their music to a live audience, its just too bad too many people starting up bands think that need to play a gig as quickly as possible and think that by merely saying they're an emo band or a band that plays punk or metal that should in itself be enough for people to come see them.

I have got no problems with musicians using other bands as a template with which to develop their very own unique sound around but i think experimentation is lost on too many people, i think most kids just want to ape their heroes or favourite posterbands they see in the likes of Kerrang or Metal Hammer and they're not interested in testing the extremes of a musical instrument to its utmost limits.

Hell, i ain't gonna tell someone what they can and can't do with their own musical equipment but it seems really boring just trying to copy someone else's ideas and try to pass them off as your own ideas and then take them to a gig to impress your mates that you can play a couple of guitar chords that some guy from Blink 182 plays in one of their songs.

Also, the way technology is going, there's absolutely no reason for music to remain in such a stagnant state now, music can be taken to new limits now and it just seems sad that too many people are happy to just let their musical talents go to waste by using it to produce drivelish shite that has already been copied over and over.

A lot of music that is being made in this place sounds corny, its like the same fucking riffs and same song structures are being created over and over again in order to give themselves a quick fix solution to making music, its like no-one's willing to take the time and effort to create something thats their own brainchild, i think thats what so wrong with music here, it seems that image and style reigns over content and talent from what i can see and hear.

I think maybe the tact Stripey takes sometimes with regard to Aberdonians being a bunch of stupid fucking douchebags is harsh at times but i think i can relate to the frustration he feels with regard to the quality levels of music being created by people in this "scene" as well as their dubious reasons for being in a band is another thing that comes into question.

Besides, i don't think Stripey is the reason some of you are getting so upset, i think some of you are just upset cos your fucking egos took a bit of a kicking...dry your eyes out and untwist your knickers....

Try shutting the motherfucker up by proving him that his words are wrong, if you feel that strongly and passionately about being wronged by what he said....

If not, shut the fuck up and quit whining like a bunch of bitches for christ's sake...its only one guy's opinion after all

My hero! That's the computer geek equivalent of a ned saying "Aye min' date=' if i seez u in toon im gonna knock yer face off!"

You've really gone up in my estimations now.

Bob[/quote']

You think youre so righteous dont you? I can tell youre so full of yourself, violence solves nothing. Anyone with a brain would know that.......

Typical. 12 pages of the truth hurting.

Bravo to Stripey for bringing that hurtful painful truth to so many pretenders' date=' wannabes and never gonna-happens in this tragic little fishing village music scene thats always so drastically disappearing up its own fundament.

Its like this - there's a distinct lack of quality in a lot of the music here, which is what Stripey was getting at before some of you fucking douchebags starting swinging your handbags and stamping your stilettos about.

There's so many bands here content to jumping on the bandwagons the likes of NME and Kerrang start up so they don't have to work hard to getting people to come to their gigs and like their music but the problem with this is that too many bands are looking at the fashionable bands that are the "in thing" at the moment and trying to replicate their style and with that, you get a clutch of bands who are playing similar types of music and thus musical saturation brings musical stagnation in such a scene as this, people start to get tired with hearing the same or similar type of shit all the time and thus don't go to gigs so much because they know what to expect from these bands

I think what Stripey was getting at was that bands here aren't giving people many reasons to be excited about what they do because they're just copying off other bands that are around and i agree with him that what a lot of bands are doing couldn't be classed as an "artform" because art is creating something thats unique and original, something that stands out on its own merit, and i can't think of many bands apart from a mere few here who do that.

In saying that, i understand that a lot of bands just like getting up onstage and doing their thing and merely make music because they enjoy it and aren't interested in being innovative or artistic, thats fair enough, however i think there's too many cases of people on here starting up bands just so they can be part of the scene and be local celebs and not giving a shit about how shit their music sounds onstage.

Its too easy for bands to get gigs now regardless of how awful their music can potentially be and thus the overall quality in music has dwindled a lot over the years although for a band starting out, its understandable that doing a gig is a learning experience for them but i think a lot of bands need to go develop their own sound a lot before taking their music to a live audience, its just too bad too many people starting up bands think that need to play a gig as quickly as possible and think that by merely saying they're an emo band or a band that plays punk or metal that should in itself be enough for people to come see them.

I have got no problems with musicians using other bands as a template with which to develop their very own unique sound around but i think experimentation is lost on too many people, i think most kids just want to ape their heroes or favourite posterbands they see in the likes of Kerrang or Metal Hammer and they're not interested in testing the extremes of a musical instrument to its utmost limits.

Hell, i ain't gonna tell someone what they can and can't do with their own musical equipment but it seems really boring just trying to copy someone else's ideas and try to pass them off as your own ideas and then take them to a gig to impress your mates that you can play a couple of guitar chords that some guy from Blink 182 plays in one of their songs.

Also, the way technology is going, there's absolutely no reason for music to remain in such a stagnant state now, music can be taken to new limits now and it just seems sad that too many people are happy to just let their musical talents go to waste by using it to produce drivelish shite that has already been copied over and over.

A lot of music that is being made in this place sounds corny, its like the same fucking riffs and same song structures are being created over and over again in order to give themselves a quick fix solution to making music, its like no-one's willing to take the time and effort to create something thats their own brainchild, i think thats what so wrong with music here, it seems that image and style reigns over content and talent from what i can see and hear.

I think maybe the tact Stripey takes sometimes with regard to Aberdonians being a bunch of stupid fucking douchebags is harsh at times but i think i can relate to the frustration he feels with regard to the quality levels of music being created by people in this "scene" as well as their dubious reasons for being in a band is another thing that comes into question.

Besides, i don't think Stripey is the reason some of you are getting so upset, i think some of you are just upset cos your fucking egos took a bit of a kicking...dry your eyes out and untwist your knickers....

Try shutting the motherfucker up by proving him that his words are wrong, if you feel that strongly and passionately about being wronged by what he said....

If not, shut the fuck up and quit whining like a bunch of bitches for christ's sake...its only one guy's opinion after all[/quote']

Some one give this guy a medal, right to the spot. Very few bands these days have real creativity and talent

Guest lumpo

there's an 'E' in yokels, m'darlin'

Aberdeen is just full of philistines' date=' and the music scene that everyone bangs on about is just a load of pish. Fucking small minded yokals without a clue. It's time people started taking things seriously.[/quote']

Listen, the best you can hope for when playing a gig is to be someone's telly for the night.

Pubs are for socialising in, people watch the band they came to see, 2 + 2 = 4, etc.

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
Well said.

You should be serious more often...

Ach i just get sick and tired of hearing the same excuses from some people on here whining about people who think the scene is a joke and adopting such a childish lynch mob mentality about it whenever someone dares to have an opinion that differs from their own.

Its fucking pathetic, some people on here acting like they're part of the Aberdeen Muso Scene mafia and protecting their precious scene from the likes of Stripey just because he happens to have an opinion that doesn't kiss anybody's arse or display any false optimism about how "thriving and flourishing the scene is" or any of that utter pish.

Its like some people here are too afraid to tell the truth in case they lose face amongst their peers or mates when they go to Moshulu or Drakes or wherever.

Its unlikely you ever get any truthful criticism levelled at bands on here, most of the time its "oh they played such a blinding set last night" or "they were great" blah blah blah and usually thats from some cunt who's a mate of the band.

I am just sick of all this matey backslapping amongst people on here, its enough to make me fucking puke, its such bare-faced fucking lies and utter two-faced falseness. Most of the time they're only saying it so they don't want to upset anyone or tread on anyone's toes by being brutally honest about someone they know's band or music or CDs or gigs.

The worst thing about this messageboard is the way people on here treat it like a youth club where they can all congregate and compliment each other til they're fucking blue in the face, half the time while you read some of the gushing pish thats written on here you're just thinking "oh fucking grow up and grow a fucking backbone while you're at it too for fuck's sake".

You think youre so righteous dont you? I can tell youre so full of yourself' date=' violence solves nothing. Anyone with a brain would know that.......[/quote']

But destroying people's property is okay according to you. That's what I call *fool* of yourself.

Listen' date=' the best you can hope for when playing a gig is to be someone's telly for the night.

Pubs are for socialising in, people watch the band they came to see, 2 + 2 = 4, etc.[/quote']

Haha, that's a quality post. Bands: The musical accompanyment to people's night out. Know your place.

Dont talk down to me' date=' and don't expect another 3 pages of petty bitching like you did with user and stripey, it doesnt get anywhere and im not intrested.

Its attitudes like yours that means these boards will never achieve anything more than a self promotion page for 'who's gig is tomorrow' or 'look at my new release' there is the potential for alot more of this site, but if all you can say is 'give up caring' it shows your not here for anything other than some twisted ego-trip by trying to fuck people off. I think the last few months up here have been very good, perhaps nothing physically productive has been done but there has been alot of intresting open conversations, sharing ideas and the like, which is all the healthier for that thing you refer to as 'the scene'. I do care, unashamedly, it's attitudes like yours that will hinder anything good ever happening in Aberdeen, but needless to say if it was to, you'd tag along like a nervous sheep, your ego wouldnt let it be any other way.

There are good people like Neil and the AUBL who over the years have done alot of hard work for bands in aberdeen and alot of other people within these boards who have alot of experience to share or or ideas to contribute, if they had your shitty attitude, half the bands (yours and mine included) wouldnt be here today, show a bit of fucking respect.

[/quote']

godfather3.jpg

"Show some fucking respect!" - Rass "The Godfather" Atom

What is the potential for this site Rass? Perhaps you could inform me while I'm tagging along like the nervous sheep you're desperately trying to fondle. You say that half the bands wouldn't be here today... well where's that exactly? What heights have Aberdeen bands scaled because of Neil and Rico? I hope none of them get nosebleeds way up there, where the air is as thin as your argument. Why wouldn't bands exist without them?

If you check back in this thread, it was Milner who blisfully strolled into this argument trying to support other bands in the scene and the scene in general before he was knocked down with insults directed at Point of Origin. What's the use? I really can't be bothered discussing this further.

Zombie: Man, it's one of these things where two people can witness the same car wreck and report entirely different goings on. We can both agree on how awful it is, but on almost nothing else. You make a lot of sense but where you see back slapping, I see back stabbing. Maybe the truth is somewhere inbetween. Either way, you're extremely long post has scared me away because life is too short to construct a reasonable and worthy reply.

I'll keep what you're said in mind though.

Right, I'm off. I'll check back in a few months to see what this site (in collaboration with the almighty Rass Atom) has accomplished.

Bob