aberdeen-music

get a grip

Aileen

Guest Stripey
Spot on spotty. Our songs aren't written in darkly-lit bedrooms on computers while our mummies bring us hot cups of chocolate' date=' so I guess we couldn't be as original and meaningful as you.

Bob[/quote']

Oh yeah I forgot to add, thats rich coming from you Bob, given that you live with your parents.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm far from spotty' date=' and I own my own house. Cheap shots like that just reflect the childish nature of you and the uninspired music your band writes. Face facts, you are wannabe pop whores, not artists.[/quote']

Awww do you isnt that nice. Just face it man you dont have a clue. All you do is post shit.

Our childish and unispring music is fucking ace and you know it! It may not appeal to you but others like it. Cant think of anyone whos told me to go find your music tho, hmmm shame that eh?

milner

Guest Stripey
Awww do you isnt that nice. Just face it man you dont have a clue. All you do is post shit.

Our childish and unispring music is fucking ace and you know it! It may not appeal to you but others like it. Cant think of anyone whos told me to go find your music tho' date=' hmmm shame that eh?

milner[/quote']

Anyone who says "the stuff I write is fucking ace!" is clearly a complete tosser, I didn't like point of origin before, and now I like them even less after the self-congratulatory shite you've posted in here.

this is the best post so far on this thread' date=' am rethinking my original point because of this, still, reckon it must be slightly disheartening to perform to a small crowd, but your point is so true![/quote']

Why thank you :)

Yeah, naturally it can be a bit disheartening, like the first time you stand up there in front of about 10 people or somthing, but if your in it for the right reasons, it's not an issue, personally i dont think theres any point in getting down about shit like that. The only time i ever let myself get down about a performance is if i haven't done as well as i could do, like just being rusty or wasted or something, but it doesnt happen very often.

I just wish people on this thread would stop pissing and moaning about the 'scene' its all this over anylising and politics bullshit that's killing it imo, isn't is about the music? or did i miss something?

Guest Stripey
Why thank you :)

Yeah' date=' naturally it can be a bit disheartening, like the first time you stand up there in front of about 10 people or somthing, but if your in it for the right reasons, it's not an issue, personally i dont think theres any point in getting down about shit like that. The only time i ever let myself get down about a performance is if i haven't done as well as i could do, like just being rusty or wasted or something, but it doesnt happen very often.

I just wish people on this thread would stop pissing and moaning about the 'scene' its all this over anylising and politics bullshit that's killing it imo, isn't is about the music? or did i miss something?[/quote']

Do you get off on performing on stage? Would it be the same if you never performed live but just made recordings? I'm not having a dig, just curious as to what makes people want to get up on a stage infront of people.

Anyone who says "the stuff I write is fucking ace!" is clearly a complete tosser' date=' I didn't like point of origin before, and now I like them even less after the self-congratulatory shite you've posted in here.[/quote']

so what your saying is you love our music and feel we inspire you?

Am i getting this right?

Milner

Our childish and unispring music is fucking ace and you know it! It may not appeal to you but others like it. Cant think of anyone whos told me to go find your music tho' date=' hmmm shame that eh?

milner[/quote']

Trust me Milner, shitey's music is appreciated by all sorts of people the world over. Nuns in Brazil boogie to it, a computer geek in Bristol picks his nose while appreciating it's artistic integrity and a Supercomputer in Japan by the name of 'Jeff' uses it for file shredding and as a firewall all at once. What hacker would want to wade through that anyway?

It's just that genius like shitey's is so few and far between that very few people can appreciate the artistic beauty in something like his casio keyboard's demo mode.

"Hey mum! My keyboard makes a noise like a rocket! Woooooosh!"

Bob

Guest Stripey
Trust me Milner' date=' shitey's music is appreciated by all sorts of people the world over. Nuns in Brazil boogie to it, a computer geek in Bristol picks his nose while appreciating it's artistic integrity and a Supercomputer in Japan by the name of 'Jeff' uses it for file shredding and as a firewall all at once. What hacker would want to wade through that anyway?

It's just that genius like shitey's is so few and far between that very few people can appreciate the artistic beauty in something like his casio keyboard's demo mode.

"Hey mum! My keyboard makes a noise like a rocket! Woooooosh!"

Bob[/quote']

You aren't funny, you are just pathetic and ignorant.

Do you get off on performing on stage? Would it be the same if you never performed live but just made recordings? I'm not having a dig' date=' just curious as to what makes people want to get up on a stage infront of people.[/quote']

I dunno what it is that makes me wanna get up there, i guess it's kinda like a drug, the adrenaline and all that. I'm pretty shy and withdrawn normally, but theres no place for that on stage especially when your playing music that pumps you so much. As far as atom is concerned, the actual performace is a selling point along with the music in a live enviroment. I guess i do get off on being on stage, its one of the reasons i do this, it's prolly the complete opposite of what you do, but for me the performace is what it's all about, recording is cool, but it really bores me, it's just kinda that anal perfection thing i dont go for, but the rest of the band are all very much into that, so it's cool, i trust them and just kinda take a back seat and record when i need to, the end product is always fun, but it's just good coz it means you can go out and play all these new songs live. I think it's just (if you have a like-minded crowd) the connection you can actually see between you and the crowd, how they react to what your doing, bouncing enery back and forth, it is an awesome experience, and even if you havent got the crowd, the musics still there, and the energy comes from that. Yeah, playing live is as important to me as recording, if not more so.

You aren't funny' date=' you are just pathetic and ignorant.[/quote']

Well there's ignorance talking because although I'm not as funny as you, at least my humour is intentional. Of course shitey, you'd know all about laughter because everywhere you go you become quite the little running joke don't you?

Bob

Guest Stripey
Well there's ignorance talking because although I'm not as funny as you' date=' at least my humour is intentional. Of course shitey, you'd know all about laughter because everywhere you go you become quite the little running joke don't you?

Bob[/quote']

You are a child in all respects. Frankly, it makes me happy that people like you dislike me.

Im afraid you really dont know your arse from your elbow pal. I have seen some amazing performances in aberdeen lately from original bands such as "my minds wepon" and "contra" neither of which you would say are "tribute bands".

Get a grip man.

There isnt anything new in their sound tho........

I wonder how much crowds these aberdeen bands would actually get if they toured to places where their local support werent their........

What the crap does that mean? Do you mean "there" at the end? And "wasn't" in the middle? If so, then I suspect they'd play to the same small crowds that touring bands get here. Like several band members have already said occurs. Whoop-di-do....

I wonder how much crowds these aberdeen bands would actually get if they toured to places where their local support werent their........

....i cant even be bothered.... see what medichi said...

maybe you should stop listening to your Agrophobic Nosebleed cd's in class, you might pick up some key spelling an grammar tips, primary 7 is an important year y'know.

What the crap does that mean? Do you mean "there" at the end? And "wasn't" in the middle? If so' date=' then I suspect they'd play to the same small crowds that touring bands get here. Like several band members have already said occurs. Whoop-di-do....[/quote']

The point i was trying to make if you didnt realise was that outside of aberdeen these local bands would get the same treatment as the bands that come here.

If I go to see a band it is because a friend has asked me or have said they were playing. I never intentionally go to watch bands play because, quite frankly I think they are terrible. Take for example last night, I visited the Moorings, there was a band playing, the singer was a female but I can't recall the name, some of the songs involved screaming and that is what annoys me the most. Untalented singers who have to scream and distort the sound to the point that the crowd thinks that their bad vocals are done intentionally, take note My Minds Weapon.

Stripey, you are an egotistical wind up merchant. If you feel the need to get your point across to all of the scenesters, groupies and generally immature spotty teenagers in this so called scene, why don't you go out and do something about it, I would bet that a high percentage of the bands have never heard of Aberdeen Music.

While I'm at it, have you noticed that on this website all the bands in the band forums pages are quite low on the rankings of the scene and are also in general the bands, which appeal to the younger generations, generations who have grown up with the American dream.

Point of Origin, you have such a great mind, I hear channel 4 are looking for comedians, you seem to enjoy trying to wind up the obvious wind up merchants which shows myself and others that you are falling for their tricks.

Rune, local bands would probably be able to draw in large crowds if they went somewhere else but they need to learn how to market themselves properly. As it stands they are not doing this. All I see when I go out are posters on walls in places like drummonds which are surrounded by other bands posters.

While I'm at it' date=' have you noticed that on this website all the bands in the band forums pages are quite low on the rankings of the scene

[/quote']

There's rankings? What do you get if your band is number 1? Does the bottom band get relegated?

I never intentionally go to watch bands play because' date=' quite frankly I think they are terrible.[/quote']

Bands are terrible? Haha.

have you noticed that on this website all the bands in the band forums pages are quite low on the rankings of the scene

What ranking system is this? Bollocks.

Point of Origin' date=' you have such a great mind, I hear channel 4 are looking for comedians, you seem to enjoy trying to wind up the obvious wind up merchants which shows myself and others that you are falling for their tricks.[/quote']

No, we'd be falling for their tricks if we took it seriously instead of treating it like the circus these forums have become.

Bob

There's rankings? What do you get if your band is number 1? Does the bottom band get relegated?

Metaphorically Speaking of course, bands such as 10 Easy Wishes, Quik and The x-Certs are basically just chord cover bands if you catch my drift. All the bands that have forums here are geared mainly towzrds entertaining the younger generations!

Bands are terrible? Haha.

What ranking system is this? Bollocks.

No' date=' we'd be falling for their tricks if we took it seriously instead of treating it like the circus these forums have become.

Bob[/quote']

I think the bands are terrible, notice how I said "I think they are terrible" are you trying to refute my opinions? On the other hand if I had have said "everyone thinks the bands are terrible" maybe your reply would have been at best half decently suited!

Nothing online can be taken seriously with the threat of hackers, International news websites are being defaced monthly. Forums are always a circus, some people have radically different views. In a circus trainers, performers, animals and crowds have radically different interaction.

It seems really petty that when someone goes against the grain and upsets the bandwagon you get all these people attacking, atleast user is being honest and expressing himself. Something which on this forum you get no credit for, its easy to follow the crowd and well its even harder to be your own identity.

Its life that the minority get laughed at and tried to get belittled, personally i dont give a shit what anyone else thinks about my opinion or interests, i do it for myself and wont ever try to become something im not. It would be untrue to myself and i think morally wrong.

If these forums are such a joke bob then why participate in them?

Havent you got anything better to do?