aberdeen-music

get a grip

Aileen

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stripey

Aberdeen is just full of philistines, and the music scene that everyone bangs on about is just a load of pish. Fucking small minded yokals without a clue. It's time people started taking things seriously.

Guest Stripey
Seeing as you complain so much' date=' are you planning on LEAVING anytime soon?[/quote']

Yes I am planning to leave at some point, but in the mean time, I live here, and I am gonna say what i like about the place. "conform or fuck off" isn't an attitude I like.

Remember though that a lot of people need to get the last bus home or have to be home for whatever time [not that I ever do :p ] plus people know local bands as they've probably seen them quite a few times or heard mp3s - touring bands are less likely to have been heard before perhaps?

I saw Aileen tonight! Harhar!

Yes I am planning to leave at some point' date=' but in the mean time, I live here, and I am gonna say what i like about the place. "conform or fuck off" isn't an attitude I like.[/quote']

Nor is it the attitude I intend to convey - but all you do is piss and moan! Put on some gigs, find like-minded souls, paint a picture, but for the love of CHRIST, stop coming on here to insult the populace of Aberdeen.

i agree with sludge here. Ive noticed too that there is a certain group of people that try and get noticed all the time. Its very annoying but what can you do. Even mroe annoying is that I get all the blame for doing that when the only thing I am guilty of posting heaps on hear and going to heaps of gigs.

On the whole leaving early thing it is shit when that happens but everyone has a reason. To counter the people who have last buses to catch gigs should be made to start earlier. It really depends on the target audience though.

Who are said group of people Camie/Sludge? PM me with who you mean if you must but I only recognise two people at the most that I see at gigs acting like tits and they're not in the same group of freens...

Guest Stripey
Nor is it the attitude I intend to convey - but all you do is piss and moan! Put on some gigs' date=' find like-minded souls, paint a picture, but for the love of CHRIST, stop coming on here to insult the populace of Aberdeen.[/quote']

The populace of aberdeen needs a kick up the arse, there is fuck all of any interest going on, the scene is depressing. All we got is metallica tributes and blink 182 tributes and frankly it makes me puke, people need to get a life and stop pulling their own cocks and start being genuinely creative.

The populace of aberdeen needs a kick up the arse' date=' there is fuck all of any interest going on, the scene is depressing. All we got is metallica tributes and blink 182 tributes and frankly it makes me puke, people need to get a life and stop pulling their own cocks and start being genuinely creative.[/quote']

geez your nice aint ya

if i go to gigs i stay for the whole gig unless i HAVE to leave... i like to give bands i dunno a chance to be heard

and ok for a while i went to every gloria flaw gig, but that was more to see ross as its the only time i saw him...

I believe so [quite near me I believe] but I also saw you sir as I know who you are now! I have ambition to stalk members of aberdeen-music to the death. It's pretty fun when you know how! :up:

Well, thats my dig been kinda something-or-othered.

Hahaha, I hurt so much after that gig, Never mind, twas cool.

Where were you during the gig?

the scene....

the scene IS bollox you either like the band or not regardles of the scene if it is your cup of tea you stay if not you leave which make sense

BUT you gotta give the band a chance listen to at least a coupple of songs.....not just fuck off cuz your mates gigged and left

as fo the moshpit it is a bit difficult to mosh at a song you dont know how it goes next ill give you that p[luss not everyone wants to mosh at all.

i have played in front of 16 peopole that including bar-staff bouncer and girlfriends it sucks but it was also a wednsday and it was well past 11 so you gotta live with it

In secret places...*bwahahaha!!!!*

I believe if you go to the Moorings not this Friday but next I'll be DJing there so get along and dance.....we'll play Dying Fetus! :up:

Harharhar I hate when this stalker thing runs out.

Your God Sucks?

No no, Fuck Your God.

I feel sorry for anyone who had to stand next to my fat self during Broken Oath. Toes will have been flattened due to rumbling about with dizzyness, caused by excessively tall head banging!

No no' date=' Fuck Your God.

I feel sorry for anyone who had to stand next to my fat self during Broken Oath. Toes will have been flattened due to rumbling about with dizzyness, caused by excessively tall head banging![/quote']

I shall introduce myself next time I see you unless you come to the Moorings for my DJing fiesta! :up:

I was enough away to not mind your rumbling :)

Guest Nikola Tesla
Then I shall accost you there for I shalt not miss the best gig of the month!!!*

[Depends on other gigs :p ]

Haha no depends, it is the best gig of the month! :rockon:

This used to annoy me heaps, but now i don't really mind. A few weeks back we played the moorings with no notice and had 2 people come to see us, they didn't even come to the front - but we managed to get a few folk down and even managed to get some 'come dancing' style shizz on the go between a few punters.... It shouldn't matter that much, because i thought one of the 'being in a band ethos' things was to always give 100% if you're playing to 5 or 500, and gigs are generally what you make of them.

As for places like moshulu and Kef, i'm nae a big fan of getting my lugs blown off right at the front of El venue; no matter how good the band is... It's no surprise that the best sound is going to be from around where the sound desk is, and if you're at a gig for the music, as opposed to the credibility, you're going to want to hear the best sound of the bands performing.

:gringo:

"What's That Skippy???

Onion Terror?

FREE FREE FREE

King Liar And The Brutes??

FREE FREE FREE

Real Shocks????

Saturday 31st/Moorings/FREE ENTRY???"

For me kef is a dead scene, to many mainstream acts that all sound the same.

Drakes does provide a good alternative but its beyond my resources to stay for long.

Lemon tree now and again has good gigs, whenever a band i really like comes to aberdeen for the most they never come again just because they aint trendy or considered fashionable enough for the pop kiddies.

So now i goto glasgow to see the bands i like. I really feel like my taiste in music is being forced out of aberdeen and if i could i would live in glasgow. I will never try to become someone i aint by listening to bands that i dont care about. It would be untrue to myself.

I believe in the music and bands i like and i wont change that just so i can become "popular" within the scene

Did you see her stand to watch any of the bands playing?

that wasnt really the point i was trying to make! in somewhere like drakes the seats are close enough to the stage that the bands arent gonna feel like theyre playing to an empty room, i was pretty much right down the front for broken oath, just didnt stand cos i was scared shitless and still a little hungover. i wasnt expecting to like them, keesher had told me what they were like and to be fair, i didnt really like them, but i stuck around to check them out anyway, it wasnt a case of "oh weapon have finished im gonna fuck off now", thats the kinda mentality i dont like!