aberdeen-music

EHX Big Muff for swap

Lemonade

Howdy,

I've got a US Big Muff that I'd like to exchange for another distortion pedal, looking for something a bit less muddy / fuzzy and a bit more crunchy, like a Boss OS-2, Boss DS-1 / DS-2, ProCo Rat or similar. Aiming for an "In Utero" sound.

The best pedal sound I've ever had was this:

29876_l.jpg

Unfortunately, being a Behringer and made of plastic it fell to bits. So would like something similar sounding.

Big Muff is like this:

big-muff.jpg

The best pedal sound I've ever had was this:

29876_l.jpg

Unfortunately, being a Behringer and made of plastic it fell to bits. So would like something similar sounding.

You should try the Boss Blues Driver as I'd guess that Behringer pedal is a copy of one.

Most of the Behringer pedals seem to be plastic toy copies of pedals that already exist. They have their own version of every Boss Pedal that has already existed. Even the discontinued ones. Get your own ideas, Behringer!

Boss Blues Drivers are neat. Pretty versatile too. They have heaps of gain, so turn into a balls-out distortion pedal when you crank it right up. Loads of bottom end but loads of dirt It's a nice mix between fuzz and crunch. The Marshall Bluesbreaker is also good, with slightly better build quality than the Boss, which you really do need from something you're going to be stamping on.

Boss Blues Drivers are neat. Pretty versatile too. They have heaps of gain, so turn into a balls-out distortion pedal when you crank it right up. Loads of bottom end but loads of dirt It's a nice mix between fuzz and crunch. The Marshall Bluesbreaker is also good, with slightly better build quality than the Boss, which you really do need from something you're going to be stamping on.

If yr going to be stamping on yr pedals, you might want to invest in a few of these:

YouTube - Effects Pedal Boots Single Effect Boss Mxr WahWah.mpg

To be fair, in my experience Boss pedals are nigh on indestructable, whereas my Marshall Blues Breaker broke.

Now we're just going to confuse him with our conflicting tales!

I've got 3 Marshall pedals, and they are all solid. My Blues Driver needed to have the switch inside replaced, as it was just shattered to pieces. I've had to resolder the switch in my TU2 numerous times. I don't like Boss switches. I like the clicky ones!

• 2 weeks later...