and once again just because i want an update

YETI

ok it has been done again and again but i am bored and i want to start athread

what are you favorite bass player?

top 3 (or more), most technical aor general warshipped ones

mine are:

Jhon myung (god on fingers)

stu hamm (god on tapping)

robert trujillo (the good old suicidal tendencies days)

flea (slap master)

Patitucci (god himself)

Guest scott cs.

Fat Mike - NOFX (Leckie Gilman said i sound like him, playing wise :D)

Matt Freeman - Rancid - plays every note on that fretboard

Dan Adrianno - Alkaline Trio - he has a really nice style, plays some intricate fills.

favourite local bassist? hmmm...Marky from Gilman Street is really good, and Adam from 10EW.

also Mr. Yeti is a good player and looks really cool, i'd go see E106 again just to watch him play.[/quote

YEEE MY FIRST FAN

oh hang on might be the second......

or the third....

but ... anyway.... ahem, welll thanks alot for your kindness :up:

My fave bassists are:

Jah Wobble - nice deep hypnotic dub basslines

Andy Rourke - just a great sense of both rythmn and melody and mildly funky.

Flea - just cos a he's great all round bass player, and it annoys me when people think he is just a master of funk cos he so much more subtle than people give him credit for as is shown by his playing on the Mars Volta album.

Omar Rodriguez Lopez - guitarist in ATD-I and The Mars Volta but his bass playing in De Facto is awesome, impossible not to groove to.

Claypool is my fave, check 'to defy the laws of tradition' by primus - typical claypool playing.

Flea, master of slap?? nah, wooten completely owns him. I thought Flea was the best, then I saw a flea instructional video, and he aint that great, just grooves that pentatonic funk shit over and over.

Mark King from Level42 is pretty dam good.

Claypool is my fave' date=' check 'to defy the laws of tradition' by primus - typical claypool playing.

Flea, master of slap?? nah, wooten completely owns him. I thought Flea was the best, then I saw a flea instructional video, and he aint that great, just grooves that pentatonic funk shit over and over.

Mark King from Level42 is pretty dam good.[/quote']

wooten? i never herd of him but that just shows how ignorant i am i suppose :rolleyes:

i really would like more infop on him if you please

right i just finished listening to classical thump, i can say only one thing

WRAH i really would like to know hou does he do it.... and can any one explayn to me hw to do ghost notes on slap?

i think i am just too thick cuz i cant understand the wee book on slap i have

right i just finished listening to classical thump' date=' i can say only one thing

WRAH i really would like to know hou does he do it.... and can any one explayn to me hw to do ghost notes on slap?

i think i am just too thick cuz i cant understand the wee book on slap i have[/quote']

on his website there is a lesson on how to play the first part of clasical thump. he thumps it, then thumps and hammer s it and then double thumps it. yea! to do the double thump you slap the open e string, hammer on the g (3rd fret) then pull your thumb back up to hit the G again. he dosent really slap like flea, its more like he hits downwards instead of slapping it head on. hhmm, hope that makes sense. theres a video on his site aswell.

to slap ghost notes i just mute the fretboard.